Research on Decarburization of Steel Wire SAE 51B35 during Heat Treatment
Statistical methods have been used to improve processes and accelerate technological development. The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of the variables of heat treatment process of steel wires SAE 51B35 and seek the best condition of certain process parameters adjustment to reduce the depth of decarburization superficial. Four factors were identified as potentially important to the quality of the material. Each of these factors was studied at two levels and all experimental races were held in the production environment. To conduct this survey of classic way would require a large number of experiments, which involve high cost, however, by using the method of design of experiments, structured in a fractional saturated array, it was possible to reduce the financial cost. The study made it possible to conclude what the factors and interactions were causing decarburization problem and what are the best settings to minimize the problem.
- i. BENYOUNIS, K. Y.; OLABI, A. G. Optimization of different welding processes using statistical and numerical approaches – A reference guide, Science Direct, v.39, p. 483–496, 2008.
- ii. GRANATO, D.; BRANCO, G. F.; CALADO, V. M. A. Experimental design and application of response surface methodology for process modelling and optimization. A review, Food Research International, Melbourne, v. 1, n. 1, p. 0-14, oct 2011.
- iii. HERNANDEZ JR, P. C.; FONSECA, J. E. F.; DICK, L. F. P. Desenvolvimento de metodologia para avaliação de aços esferoidizados. Parte 1: determinação do grau de descarbonetação, Tecnologia em Metalurgia e Materiais; v. 6, n. 3, p. 153157, jan.-mar. 2010.
- iv. LIMA, V. B. S.; BALESTRASSI, P. P.; PAIVA, A. P. Otimização do desempenho de amplificadores de radiofrequência banda larga: uma abordagem experimental, Produção, v. 21, n. 1, p. 118-131, jan/mar, 2011.
- v. MONTGOMERY, C. D. Design and analysis of experiments. 8. ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2013. 203p.
- vi. NETO, B. B.; SCARMINIO, I. S.; BRUNS, R. E. Como fazer experimentos: Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento na Ciência e na Indústria, 3ª edição, editora Unicamp, 2007, 480 p.
- vii. SILVA, H. A.; SILVA, M. B. Aplicação de um projeto de experimentos (DOE) na soldagem de tubos de zircaloy-4; Produção & Engenharia, v. 1, n. 1, p. 41-52, set./dez. 2008.
- viii. TSCHIPTSCHIN, A. P. Introdução à Análise Metalográfica, Aços Villares, 1980, p.10-15.
Abstract Views: 148
PDF Views: 5