The Influence of Economic Situation on Interpersonal Relationship in Urban Village
Ever since the reform and opening up of China, gradual change of interpersonal relationship has been observed. The interpersonal relationship in urban village is one important and interesting phenomenon as the urban village changed intensively since 1980s. However, the interpersonal relationship in urban village has received little attention in research. Some previous researches investigate the interpersonal relationship of aboriginal residents in urban village, in the condition of stratification of earnings. But, most of the urban village residents are migrants, as the urban village provides the inexpensive accommodation. The aim of this research is to investigate interpersonal relationship in contemporary urban village in China, based on cased studies. Results showed that the interpersonal relationship in urban village is mainly about the migrants, which composed most proportion of urban village population. With the chaos and order of economic situation in urban village, guanxi, one kind of interpersonal relationship featured with China cultural background, becomes obvious or fades in the daily life or work. Accordingly, the fellow townsmen relationship, which can provide with the stable and long-existing protection for the participants becomes more or less important. This research implies that the economic situation and income influence the importance of different types of interpersonal relationship in urban village and can contribute to a better understanding of interpersonal relationship in urban village in contemporary China.
- i. Chen Xiaoli. Chengzhongcun zhili zhong jiceng zhengfu guanli yu cunmin zizhi guanxi tanjiu(in Chinese). (The Relationship between Urban Village Administration and Autonomy by Villagers). Socialism Studies. 2010(5):73-77.
- ii. Dong Hongqin. Analyze on the Urban Village Community Construction(Chengzhongcun shequ jianshe lujing tanxi). Qianjin.
- (2). 53-55
- iii. Fang Qingfang& Ma Xiangming. & Song Jinsong. Chengzhongcun: woguo chengshihua Jincheng zhong yudao de zhengce wenti(in Chinese). Urban Village: The Policy Problems Encountered in China Urbanization Process. 1999(4):19-21.
- iv. Landman, K. (2004). Sustainable ‘‘urban village’’ concept: Mandate, matrix or myth?CSIR Building and Construction Technology. http://www.buildnet.co.za/akani/2003/jul/07_landman.pdf.
- v. Li L H, Lin J, Li X, et al. Redevelopment of urban village in China – A step towards an effective urban policy? A case study of Liede village in Guangzhou[J]. Habitat International, 2014, 43(3):299-308.
- vi. Liu L, Mei S. How can an indigenous concept enter the international academic circle: the case of guanxi[J]. Scientometrics, 2015, 105(1):645-663.
- vii. Liu Y, He S, Wu F, et al. Urban villages under China's rapid urbanization: Unregulated assets and transitional neighbourhoods[J]. Habitat International, 2010, 34(2):135-144.
- viii. Nolan Sharkey. The Economic Benefits of the Use of Guanxi and Business Networks in a Jurisdiction with Strong Formal Institutions: Minimisation of Taxation[J]. Social Science Electronic Publishing, 2008, 52(1):2-21.
- ix. Ruihui Han. The Positive Function of Urban Village in Modern China: a Case Study of Shisicun Village in Pearl River Delta. International Journal of Current Advanced Research Vol 5, Issue 4, pp 757-763, April 2016
- x. Shen Ying & Li Zhimin. Study of the Typeset and Residential Problems of Migrants in Urban Villages: an Empirical Study of Xibali Village in Xi’an(in Chinese). Tangdu Journal.2010(5), 67-70
- xi. Song Y, Zenou Y, Ding C. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water: The role of urban villages in housing rural migrants in China[J]. Urban Studies, 2008, 45(2):313-330.
- xii. Su Lei. & Wang Quanquan. Chengzhongcun shequ fenhua xixanxiang tanxi(in Chinese). (The Social Stratification in Urban Village: a Case of Beishapo Village in Xi’an City. ) Nongye KaoGu. 2010(6):248-250.
- xiii. Wang Xiaoling. The Comparison between the Interpersonal Relationship Nets of China and Southern Korea. Journal of Contemporary Asia-Pacific Studies. 2008(1). 124-142
- xiv. Zhao Xiuling. Chengzhong cun zhili de kunju jiqi kuayue(in Chinese). (The Difficulties of Urban Village Administration and Corresponding Solutions). Journal of Shandong Normal University. 2011, 56(5):134-140.
- xv. Zhou Jianguo & Tong Xing. Social Transformation and the Structural Change of Interpersonal Relationship: from Emotional Relationship Structure to Rational One. Journal of Southern Yangtze University (Humanities & Social Science. 2002(10). 4952.
Abstract Views: 255
PDF Views: 11