Open Access Subscription Access
Pattern of Homicide in Gurgaon Region
Introduction: Homicide means killing of human being. It is very heinous crime done by a person against other human being. Aim: Aim of this study was to find out the most prominent method of homicide in Gurgaon region. Method: This study was a retrospective study done in the Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, SGT University, Gurgaon in association with Mortuary of Civil Hospital Gurgaon. Results: A total of 1196 autopsies were conducted at Mortuary, Civil hospital Gurgaon during the period from January 2016 to December 2016, out of which, 60(5%) cases were of alleged homicidal death. Majority of victims were in the age group of 31-40 years with Male:Female ratio; 4.1 were observed. 78.3% victims were male. 51.67% of total victims were resident of place outside Gurgaon with majority of male victims. Contusion was found in maximum cases followed by fracture 78.3% death were due to mechanical injuries followed by asphyxial death which is in 21.7%. Head injury was observed as a major cause of death in 36.7% cases. Conclusion: The most affecting age group was 31-40 years with male predominance.78.33% cases were died due to mechanical injuries, out of which maximum due to blunt weapon.
Sharp Weapon, Blunt Weapon, Firearm.
- Gupta S, Prajapati P. Homicide trends at surat region of Gujrat, India. J For Med Tox 2009;26(1):45-8.
- Rekhi T, Singh KP, Nabachandra H. Study on homicidal blunt force injuries. J For Med Tox 2007;24(2):3-5.
- Murty OP, Keong KS, Ghazali MF, Rani CJ, Suhimi SB, Sahar NA. Study of homicidal deaths atuniversity malayamedical centre, kualalumpur. Int J Med Tox & Legal Med 2005;7(2):4-9.
- Sinha US, Kapoor AK, Pandey SK. Pattern of homicide deaths in SRN hospital’s mortuary at allahabad. J For Med Tox 2003;20(2):33-6.
- Basappa SH, Chandra G, Harish S, Jayanta SH. Pattern of homicidal deaths. J Ind Accad For Med 2010;32(3):194-8.
- Shah JP, Vora DH, Mangal HM, Chauhan VL, Doshi SM, Chotaliya DB. Profile of homicidal deaths in and around Rajkot Region, Gujarat. J Ind Acad For Med 2013;35(1):33-6.
- Gupta A, Mukta R, Mittal AK, Dikshit PC. A study of homicidal deaths in delhi. Med Sci Law 2004;44(2):127-32.
- Shiva kumara BC,Vishwanath D, Srivastava PC. Trends of homicidal death at a tertiary care centre bengaluru. J Ind Acad For Med 2011;33(2):120-4.
- Mohanty S, Mohanty Sk, Patnaik KK. Homicides in southern india – a 5 year retrospective study. J For Med & Ana=t Res 2013;1(2):18-24.
- Upadhyay P, Tripathi CB. Homicidal deaths in varanasi region. J For Med Tox 2004;2(2):54-7.
Abstract Views: 48
PDF Views: 0