Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Growth and Characterization of P-Chloroanilinepthalic Acid Single Crystals
P-CaP (p-chloroanilinepthalic acid) single crystal was grown by slow evaporation technique. A single Crystal XRD study reveals that the grown crystal belongs to orthorhombic system. Decomposition mechanism and melting point of the sample were deliberated in TGA/DSC analysis. Transmission ability of the crystal in the visible was tested by recording UV-VIS-NIR spectrum also Mechanical strength of the material is determined by Vickers hardness test. The FTIR Spectrum was recorded in the range of 400 cm-1 and 4000 cm-1 which is confirmed the formation of p-CaP crystal.
Optical Analysis, Single Crystal, XRD.
- S. Boomadevi, H. P. Mittal, and R. Dhansekaran, “Synthesis, crystal growth and characterization of 3-methyl 4-nitropyridine 1-oxide (POM) single crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 261, no. 1, pp. 55-62, January 2004.
- L. G. Prasad, V. Krishnakumar, and R. Nagalakshmi, “Growth and characterization of semi-organic nonlinear optical crystal: Sodium 2, 4-dinitrophenolate monohydrate,” Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, vol. 110, pp. 377-382, June 2013.
- L. G. Prasad, V. Krishnakumar, R. Nagalakshmi, and S. Manohar, “Physicochemical properties of highly efficient organic NLO crystal: 4-aminobenzamide,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 128, no. 1-2, pp. 90-95, July 2011.
- A. E. Goeta, C. C. Wilson, J. C. Autino, J. Ellena, and G. Punte, “Hydrogen bonding in nitroanilines: Neutron diffraction study of m-nitroaniline at 100 K,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 3342-3346, 2000.
- A. Afkhami, S. Masahi, and M. Bahram, “Spectrophotometric determination of nitrite based on its reaction with p-nitroaniline in the presence of diphenylamine in micellar media,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 1009-1011, 2004.
- R. T. Bailey, G. Bourhill, F. R. Cruickshank, D. Pugh, J. N. Sherwood, and G. S. Simpson, “The linear and nonlinear optical properties of the organic nonlinear material 4-nitro-4’-methylbenzylidene aniline,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 1591-1597, 1993.
- J. O. White, D. Hulin, M. Joffre, A. Migus, and A. Antonetti, “Ultrabroadband second-harmonic generation in organic and inorganic thin crystals,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 264-266, 1994.
- M. Sigelle, and R. Hierle, “Determination of the electrooptic coefficients of 3-methyl 4-nitropyridine 1-oxide by an interferometric phase-modulation technique,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 4199-4204, 1981.
- B. F. Levine, C. G. Bethea, C. D. Thunmonal, R. T. Lynch, and J. L. Bernstein, “An organic crystal with an exceptionally large optical second-harmonic coefficient: 2-methyl-4-nitroaniline,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 2523-2527, 1979.
- J. Zyss, I. Ledoux, and J. F. Nicoud, Molecular Nonlinear Optics Materials, Physics and Devices, p. 129, New York Academic Press, 1994.
- C. Saiz-Jimenez, “Pyrolysis/methylation of soil fulvic acids: Benzenecarboxylic acids revisited,” Environmental Science & Technology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 197-200, 1994.
- L. M. Belyaev, G. S. Belikova, A. B. Gil’varg, and I. M. Sil’vestrova, Sov. Phys-Crystallogr., vol. 14, pp. 544-549, 1970.
- R. A. Ray, Quantitative Analysis, p. 555, Prentice-Hall of India, New Delhi, 2005.
- K. Srinivasan, K. Sankaranarayanan, S. Thangavelu, and P. Ramasamy, “Influence of organic solvents on the habit of NMBA (4-nitro-4′-methyl benzylidene aniline) crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 212, no. 1-2, pp. 246-254, 2000.
- K. U. Lakshmi, and K. Ramamurthi, “Growth and characterization of 2,6-dibenzylidenecyclohexanone single crystal,” Crystal Research & Technology, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 1165-1178, 2005.
- P. Kalsi, Spectroscopy of Organic Compounds, Wiley Eastern, New Delhi, p. 65, 1985.
- W. Kemp, Organic Spectroscopy, 3rd ed., ELBS, Macmillan, p. 62, 1993.
- H. H. Willard, L. L. Merritt Jr., J. A. Dean, and F. A. Settle Jr., Instrumental Methods of Analysis, 6th ed., Wadsworth Publishing Company, USA, p. 609, 1986.
- V. Kannan, R. B. Ganesh, and P. Ramasamy, “Growth of new nonlinear optical crystals of hydrochlorides of L-histidine from solution,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 1876-1880, 2006.
Abstract Views: 52
PDF Views: 0