Open Access Subscription Access
Optimized Support Vector Machine Based Congestion Control in Wireless Sensor Network Based Internet of Things
As the Wireless sensor network (WSN) has significant part in Internet of Things (IoT), it is utilized in various applications such as sensing environment and transmitting data via the internet. Nevertheless, due to the problem of heavy congestion, WSN based IoT obtains longer delay, higher ratio of packet loss and lower throughput. Although machine learning algorithms have been presented by researchers for detecting the congested data in IoT, detection accuracy is further to be improved. So, to control the congestion in WSN based IoT, artificial flora algorithm (AF) based support vector machine (SVM) is presented in this paper. To improve the performance of SVM, penalty parameter and kernel parameter of SVM is optimized using AF algorithm. In this proposed SVM-AF, the performance factors are given as input such as queue size (que), packet loss (pkt loss), cwnd (congestion window size), and throughput (throu). Based on these input factors, the prediction model SVM-AF predicts the congested data and decides whether to offload each device task to the server. Simulation outcomes show that the proposed SVM-AF outperforms the model such as Genetic Algorithm based SVM (SVM-GA) and SVM based on throughput, energy consumption, delivery ratio, and overhead.
WSN, IoT, Congestion Control, Support Vector Machine (SVM), Artificial Flora Algorithm (AF).
- Y. Kuo, C. Li, J. Jhang and S. Lin, "Design of a Wireless Sensor Network-Based IoT Platform for Wide Area and Heterogeneous Applications", IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 5187-5197, 2018.
- A. Bagdadee, M. Hoque and L. Zhang, "IoT Based Wireless Sensor Network for Power Quality Control in Smart Grid", Procedia Computer Science, vol. 167, pp. 1148-1160, 2020.
- Singh, Manish Kumar, Syed Intekhab Amin, Syed Akhtar Imam, Vibhav Kumar Sachan, and Amit Choudhary. "A Survey of Wireless Sensor Network and its types." In 2018 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication Control and Networking (ICACCCN), pp. 326-330. IEEE, 2018.
- Chen, Hao, Xueqin Jia, and Heng Li. "A brief introduction to IoT gateway." In IET international conference on communication technology and application (ICCTA 2011), pp. 610-613. IET, 2011.
- Medina, Camilo Alejandro, Manuel Ricardo Pérez, and Luis Carlos Trujillo. "IoT paradigm into the smart city vision: a survey." In 2017 IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things (iThings) and IEEE Green Computing and Communications (GreenCom) and IEEE Cyber, Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom) and IEEE Smart Data (SmartData), pp. 695-704. IEEE, 2017.
- Alghamdi, Fatimah. "Metrics that impact on Congestion Control at Internet Of Things Environment." In 2020 3rd International Conference on Computer Applications & Information Security (ICCAIS), pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2020.
- Halim, Nurul Hamimi Bt, Naimah Bt Yaakob, and Azmi Bin Awang Md Isa. "Congestion control mechanism for Internet-of-Things (IOT) paradigm." In 2016 3rd International Conference on Electronic Design (ICED), pp. 337-341. IEEE, 2016.
- Haas, Zygmunt J., and Zijing Tian. "Congestion-Tolerant Framework for IoT Applications." In 2019 IEEE 16th International Conference on Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), pp. 245-255. IEEE, 2019.
- P. Kuppusamy, R. Kalpana and P. Venkateswara Rao, "Optimized traffic control and data processing using IoT", Cluster Computing, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 2169-2178, 2018.
- S. Qu, L. Zhao and Z. Xiong, "Cross-layer congestion control of wireless sensor networks based on fuzzy sliding mode control", Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 32, no. 17, pp. 13505-13520, 2020.
- A. Hussain, S. Manikanthan, T. Padmapriya and M. Nagalingam, "Genetic algorithm based adaptive offloading for improving IoT device communication efficiency", Wireless Networks, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 2329-2338, 2019.
- M. Swarna and T. Godhavari, "Enhancement of CoAP based congestion control in IoT network - a novel approach", Materials Today: Proceedings, vol. 37, pp. 775-784, 2021.
- S. Gheisari and E. Tahavori, "CCCLA: A cognitive approach for congestion control in Internet of Things using a game of learning automata", Computer Communications, vol. 147, pp. 40-49, 2019.
- F. Naeem, G. Srivastava and M. Tariq, "A Software Defined Network Based Fuzzy Normalized Neural Adaptive Multipath Congestion Control for the Internet of Things", IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 2155-2164, 2020.
- Ling, S.H.; Leung, F.H.F. An Improved Genetic Algorithm with Average-bound Crossover and Wavelet Mutation Operations. Soft Comput. 2007, 11, 7–31
- Priyanga, M., S. Leones Sherwin Vimalraj, and J. Lydia. "Energy Aware Multiuser & Multi-hop Hierarchical–Based Routing Protocol for Energy Management in WSN-Assisted IoT." In 2018 3rd International Conference on Communication and Electronics Systems (ICCES), pp. 701-705. IEEE, 2018.
- Ezdiani, Syarifah, Indrajit S. Acharyya, Sivaramakrishnan Sivakumar, and Adnan Al-Anbuky. "An IoT environment for WSN adaptive QoS." In 2015 IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Data Intensive Systems, pp. 586-593. IEEE, 2015.
- Sobin, C. C. "A survey on architecture, protocols and challenges in IoT." Wireless Personal Communications 112, no. 3 (2020): 1383-1429.
- Wu, Fan, Taiyang Wu, and Mehmet Rasit Yuce. "Design and implementation of a wearable sensor network system for IoT-connected safety and health applications." In 2019 IEEE 5th World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT), pp. 87-90. IEEE, 2019.
- Jiang, Pin-Hui. "IoT-Based Sensing System for Patients with Mobile Application." In 2019 IEEE Eurasia Conference on IOT, Communication and Engineering (ECICE), pp. 240-241. IEEE, 2019.
- Routray, Sudhir K., Abhishek Javali, Anindita Sahoo, K. P. Sharmila, and Sharath Anand. "Military Applications of Satellite Based IoT." In 2020 Third International Conference on Smart Systems and Inventive Technology (ICSSIT), pp. 122-127. IEEE, 2020.
- Chanak, Prasenjit, and Indrajit Banerjee. "Congestion free routing mechanism for IoT-enabled wireless sensor networks for smart healthcare applications." IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics 66, no. 3 (2020): 223-232.
- Verma, Lal Pratap, and Mahesh Kumar. "An IoT based congestion control algorithm." Internet of Things 9 (2020): 100157.
- Mishra, Neelesh, Lal Pratap Verma, Prabhat Kumar Srivastava, and Ajay Gupta. "An analysis of IoT congestion control policies." Procedia computer science 132 (2018): 444-450.
- Adil, Muhammad. "Congestion free opportunistic multipath routing load balancing scheme for internet of things (iot)." Computer Networks 184 (2021): 107707.
Abstract Views: 16
PDF Views: 0