Open Access Subscription Access
Real Time Two Hop Neighbour Strategic Secure Routing with Attribute Specific Blockchain Encryption Scheme for Improved Security in Wireless Sensor Networks
Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) is most vulnerable to routing attacks which affects the confidentiality and integrity services of the data transmitted between any nodes. Many research efforts have been taken to propose secure routing schemes for improving the data security against routing attacks in WSN. The existing secure routing schemes are not able to dynamically discover the trust path between nodes for ensuring secure transmission without compromising confidentiality and integrity service. To address this issue, a real-time, two-hop neighbour, strategically secure routing scheme is proposed in this paper. According to the strategy of two-hop neighbours, the method selects the forwarding node according to the trust measures computed based on trust energy support and trust forwarding support of the two hop nodes. Further, the data security is enforced at the attribute level. The Blockchain mechanism is enforced where a single block contains information of specific attribute of data which restrict the user who have access to the attribute only can read the data present in the block. The data encryption is performed according to different encryption standards maintained by the system, unique for different attributes. According to the Hash code present in the Blockchain, the user can decode the key and scheme to obtain the original data. The proposed approach improves the performance in secure routing and increases the data security performance.
WSN, Data Security, Secure Routing, Two Hop Neighbour Strategy, Blockchain, QoS.
- Kalla N., Parwekar P. (2018) “A Study of Clustering Techniques for Wireless Sensor Networks”. In: Satapathy S., Bhateja V. , Das S. (eds) Smart Computing and Informatics. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, vol 77. Springer, Singapore. https://doi. org/10. 1007/978-981-10-5544-7_4
- J. Grover and S. Sharma, "Security issues in Wireless Sensor Network — A review," 2016 5th International Conference on Reliability, Infocom Technologies and Optimization (Trends and Future Directions) (ICRITO), 2016, pp. 397-404.
- S. B. Takale and S. D. Lokhande, "Quality of Service Requirement in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey," 2018 IEEE Global Conference on Wireless Computing and Networking (GCWCN), 2018, pp. 34-38.
- Xu, M., Chen, X. & Kou, G. “A systematic review of blockchain”. FinancInnov 5, 27 (2019).
- Pournaghi, S. M. , et al. Med SBA: “A novel and secure scheme to share medical data based on Blockchain technology and attribute-based encryption”. J Ambient Intell Human Computing (2020).
- Sung-Jin Choi, et al. "An energy-efficient key pre-distribution scheme for wireless sensor networks using eigenvector”, College of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunk wan University, Vol 1, pp. 440-746, 2013.
- Pu Gong, et al. ETARP: “An Energy Efficient Trust-Aware Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Journal of Sensors, Vol 2015, pp. 1-5.
- Dan Li and Xian bin Wen, "An Improved PSO Algorithm for Distributed Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Vol, pp. 1-8, 2015.
- Ziwen Sun, et al. "Localization Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks Based on Multi objective Particle Swarm Optimization", Vol. 2015, pp. 1-9.
- Yongjun Ren. , Yepeng Liu. , Sai Ji. , Arun Kumar Sangaiah. , &Jin Wang “Incentive mechanism of data storage based on blockchain for wireless sensor networks”. Mobile Information Systems, PP. 1–11, 2018.
- Gholam reza Ramezan & Cyril Leung “A Blockchain-based contractual routing protocol for the Internet of things using smart contracts”. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 1–15, 2018.
- Reyna, A., Martin, C. , Chen, J. , Soler, E. , &Díaz, M. (2018). “On blockchain and its integration with IoT. Challenges and opportunities”. Future Generation Computer Systems, 88, 173–190, 2018.
- Jidian Yang. , Shiwen He. , Yang Xu. , Linweiya Chen. , &Ju Ren. , “A trusted routing scheme using blockchain and reinforcement learning for wireless sensor networks. Sensors”, 19, 1–19, 2019.
- Christian, B., Ueli Maurer. , Daniel Ts chudi. , & Vassilis Zikas. , (August 2017). “Bitcoin as a transaction ledger: A composable treatment”. In Proceedings of the 36th Annual International Cryptology Conference—Advances in Cryptology (CRYPTO 2017) (pp. 324–356). Santa Barbara, CA, 2017.
- Qiao, R. “Blockchain-based secure storage scheme of dynamic data”. Computer Science, 45, 57–62, 2018.
- Yongjun Ren. “Incentive mechanism of data storage based on blockchain for wireless sensor networks”, HINDAWI (MIS), 2018.
- Prieto - Castrillo, F. “Distributed sequential consensus in networks: Analysis of partially connected blockchains with uncertainty”, HINDAWI (COMPLXITY), 2017.
- She, W. “Blockchain Trust Model for Malicious Node Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Research Gate (In ieee access), 2019.
- Komal Shinde, “Securing Wireless Sensor Network against Pollution attack with BlockChain”. (IJMTST), 05(06), 2019.
- JawaidIqba, “Efficient and secure attribute-based heterogeneous online/offline signcryption for body sensor networks based on Blockchain”, (IJDSN). Volume, 15(9),2019.
- Liu, Q. “Research on trust mechanism of cooperation innovation with big data processing based on Blockchain”. Springer Link (WCN),2019.
- Casado - Vara, R. “Blockchain-based distributed cooperative control algorithm for WSN monitoring”, (AISC), 2019.
- Mateen, A. “One step Forward: Towards A Blockchain-based Trust Model for WSNs”, Research gate (3PGCIC),2019.
- Chen, Y. “Blockchain-based collocation storage architecture for data security process platform of WSN”, IEEE (CSCWD), 2018.
- Moinet, A. Benoit Darties. , & Jean-Luc Baril. , “Blockchain-based trust and authentication for decentralized sensor networks”, (Ar. Xiv), (2017).
- Skwarek, V. “Blockchains as security-enabler for industrial IoT applications”. Asia Pacific Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 11(3), 301–311. Doi: 10. 1108/APJIE-12-2017-035, 2017.
- Zawaideh, F. Muhammed Salamah. , & Hussein Al-Bahadili. , (December 2017). “A fair trust-based malicious node detection and isolation scheme for WSNs”. Proceedings of the 2nd IT-DREPS (pp. 1–6), 2017.
- Zeng, L. G. , (2018). “Detecting WSN node misbehaviour based on the trust mechanism”. Journal of Zhejiang Normal University (Natural Sciences), 41(1), 39–43, 2018.
- Su, Y. X., “Credibility based WSN trust model. Electronics Optics and Control”, 25(3), 32–36, 2018.
- Ram Prabha, V. R. , &Latha, P. (2017). “Fuzzy trust protocol for malicious node detection in wireless sensor networks”. Wireless Personal Communications, 94(4), 2549–2559., 2017.
- Zhang, W., Zhu, S. , Tang, J. , &Xiong, N. (2018). “A novel trust management scheme based on Dempster–Shafer evidence theory for malicious nodes detection in wireless sensor networks”. Journal of Supercomputing, 74(4), 1779–1801.
- Christidis, K., & Devet sikiotis, M. (2016). “Blockchains and smart contracts for the Internet of Things”. IEEE Access, 4, 2292–2303.
- Ellul, J., & Pace, G. J. (February 2018). Alky lVM: “A virtual machine for smart contract blockchain connected Internet of Things”. Proceedings of the 9th NTMS (pp. 1–4), 2018.
- Kang, E. S., Seung Jae Pe., Jae Geun Song., & Ju Wook Jang., (April 2018). “A blockchain-based energy trading platform for smart homes in a micro grid”. Proceedings of the 3rd ICCCS (pp. 472–476), 2018.
- Kishigami, J., Shigeru Fujimura., Hiroki Watanabe., & Atsushi Nakadaira (August 2015). “The blockchain-based digital content distribution system”. Proceedings of the IEEE 5th International Conference Big Data Cloud Computability (pp. 187–190), 2015.
Abstract Views: 12
PDF Views: 0