Open Access Subscription Access
Enhancing Security of Cloud Data through Encryption with AES and Fernet Algorithm through Convolutional-Neural-Networks (CNN)
Cloud as a storage in the recent technological development had been focused by researchers, since it offers more insight towards meta-data based security and safety along with techniques in encryption and decryption of messages. “Data” being a crucial and complicated means-of-information in current technological era, it has been majorly accessed and utilized for varied purposes (example: image storage/access) by people globally through ‘cloud computing’ via social platforms, personal data-storage, professional data-accumulation, research based studies, etc. Thus to protect data in cloud, especially the images, the current study developed the algorithm by combining ‘AES’ and ‘Fernet’ where double-level encryption with CNN Auto-Encoders. Thus by developing the model, the study aims to provide more secured cloud computing model than existing models. The original images as input are processed, encrypted/decrypted, converted into bitmap images as outputs that are decrypted by users with ‘key’ when needed. The study was a success and found to be effective in image encryption field with high RMSE (0.040206), less MSE-Loss (0.001616) and MAE (0.0266323) scores than estimated scores.
Cloud Computing, Face Images, AES Algorithm, Fernet Algorithm, Data Security, Data Safety, Data storage.
- D. Purushothaman and S. Abburu, “An Approach for Data Storage Security in Cloud Computing”, IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, 2012, 9(2.1), pp. 100-105.
- P.B. Godhankar and D. Gupta “Review of Cloud Storage Security and Cloud Computing Challenges”, (IJCSIT) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, 2014, 5(1), pp. 528-533.
- J. Puranik and A. Giri, “Security in Data Storage in Cloud Computing”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), 2016, 3(6), pp. 1899-1902.
- N. Vurukonda and B.T. Rao, “A Study on Data Storage Security Issues in Cloud Computing”, In 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Communication & Convergence (ICCC-2016), Procedia Computer Science, 2016, 92, pp. 128-135.
- R. Wang, “Research on data security technology based on cloud storage”, In 13th Global Congress on Manufacturing and Management, GCMM 2016, Procedia Engineering 2017, 174, pp. 1340-1355.
- A. Srivastava. (), “A survey report on Different Techniques of Image Encryption”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 2012, 2(6), pp. 163-167.
- R. Kaur and K. Singh, “Image Encryption Techniques: A Selected Review”, IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE), 2013, 9(6), pp. 80-83.
- M. Kumar, A. Aggarwal and A. Garg, “A Review on Various Digital Image Encryption Techniques and Security Criteria”, International Journal of Computer Applications, 2014, 96(13), pp. 19-26.
- H. Pan, Y. Lei and C. Jian, “Research on digital image encryption algorithm based on double logistic chaotic map”, EURASIP - Journal on Image and Video Processing, 2018, (142), pp. 1-10.
- K. Mishra, R. Saharan. and B. Rathor , “A New Cryptographic Method for Image Encryption”, Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, 2017, pp. 1-9.
- N.M. Almutairy, and K.H.A. Al-Shqeerat, “A Survey On Security Challenges Of Virtualization Technology In Cloud Computing”, International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT), 2019, vol. 11(3), pp. 95-105.
- A. Ghani, A. Badshah, S. Jan. et al., “Issues and challenges in Cloud Storage Architecture: A Survey”, Researchpedia Journal of Computing, 2020, 1(1.6), pp. 50-65.
- N.R. Tadapaneni, “Cloud Computing Security Challenges”, International Journal Of Innovations In Engineering Research And Technology [IJIERT], 2020, 7(6), pp. 1-5.
- A. Aliyu, A.H. Abdullah, O. Kaiwartya, et al., “Mobile Cloud Computing: Taxonomy and Challenges – A Review Article”, Hindawi-Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, 2020,, pp. 1-23.
- J. Mahalakshmi and K. Kuppusamy. “An efficient Image Encryption Method based on Improved Cipher Block Chaining in Cloud Computing as a Security Service”, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 2016, 10(2s), pp. 297-306.
- M. Sankari, and P. Ranjana, “Privacy-Preserving Lightweight Image Encryption in Mobile Cloud”, In N. R. Shetty et al. (eds.), Emerging Research in Computing, Information, Communication and Applications, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 2019, (882), pp. 404-415.
- S. Ayyub, and P. Kaushik, “Secure Searchable Image Encryption in Cloud Using Hyper Chaos”, The International Arab Journal of Information Technology, 2019, 16(2), pp. 251-259.
- P.V. Lahande and P.R. Kaveri, “Increasing Data Secrecy In Cloud By Implementing Image Cryptography”, International Journal Of Scientific & Technology Research, 2020, 9(4), pp. 26-31.
- A. Altowaijri, M. Ayari and Y.E. Touati. “A Novel Image Encryption Approach for Cloud Computing Applications”, (IJACSA) International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 2018, 9(12), pp. 440-445.
- K. Handa. and U. Singh., “Data Security in Cloud Computing using Encryption and Steganography”, International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, 2015, 4(5), pp. 786-791.
- I.N. Ibraheem, S.M. Hassan and S.A. Abead, “Comparative Analysis & Implementation Of Image Encryption & Decryption For Mobile Cloud Security”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 2020, 29(3s), pp. 109-121.
- I.A. Awan, M. Shiraz, M.U. Hashmi, et al., “Secure Framework Enhancing AES Algorithm in Cloud Computing”, Hindawi-Journal of Security and Communications Networks,2020, pp. 1-16.
- V. Bornare, K. Nikam, D. Khedkar and S. Hole, “Data Sharing with Sensitive Information Hiding for Secure Cloud Storage”, IJSRD - International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, 2020, 8(3), pp. 139-141.
- P.K. Chandaliya, V. Kumar, M. Harjani, et al., “SCDAE: Ethnicity and Gender Alteration on CLF and UTKFace Dataset”, Computer Vision and Image Processing, Springer Eds-Singapore, 2020, pp. 294-306.
- D. Datta, D. Mittal, N.P. Mathew and J. Sairabanu., “Comparison of performance of parallel computation of CPU cores on CNN model”, In Proc. 2020 Int. Conf. on Emerging Trends in Information Technology and Engineering (ic-ETITE), Vellore, India, Piscataway: IEEE, 2020, pp. 1-8.
- K. Nantomah. “On Some Properties of the Sigmoid Function”, Asia Mathematika, 2019, 3(1),pp. 79-90.
- A.F.M. Agarap, “Deep Learning using Rectified Linear Units (ReLU)”, 2019, Retrieved on 26th February 2021 from https://arxiv.org/pdf/1803.08375.pdf.
Abstract Views: 14
PDF Views: 0