Open Access Subscription Access
Two-Level Grid Access Control Model Based on Resource Performance and Request Priority
This paper summarizes all the mechanisms presented previously to efficiently represent grid computing security policies. The prime advantage of this work is to reduce the complexity by minimizing the number of security rules that require checking. This is achieved by combining the Grid Authorization Graph (GAG) and the Weighted Grid Authorization Graph (WGAG) in a two-level access control model. This model attributes the grid resources to users according to the performance that the job requires, thus avoiding performance waste. Simulations results showed the effectiveness of the proposed model in reducing the number of security rules that require checking.
Authorization, Access Control, BFA, HCM, PCM, GAG, WGAG, Resources Performance, Grid Security.
- Anirban Chakrabarti, "Grid Computing Security", Library of Congress Control Number: 2007922355 ;ACM Computing Classification (1998): C.2, D.4.6, K.6.5,ISBN 978-3-540-44492-3 Springer Berlin Heidelberg New York (2007).
- Gouglidis A. and Mavridis I., (2012). Grid access control models and architectures. Computational and Data Grids: Principles, Applications and Design. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-61350-113-9.ch008.
- Namane, S. & Goualmi, N. (2019). Grid and Cloud Computing Security: A Comparative Survey. International Journal of Computer Networks and Applications (IJCNA) published on January 2019 (DOI: 10.22247/ijcna/2019/49572).
- Xiao-jun Zhu; Shi-qin Lv; Xue-li Yu and Guang-Ping Zuo, DynamicAuthorization of Grid Based on Trust Mechanism, 2010 InternationalSymposium on Intelligence Information Processing and TrustedComputing, DOI: 10.1109/IPTC.2010.113 (2010).
- Tiezhu Zhao and Shoubin Dong, A Trust Aware Grid Access ControlArchitecture Based on ABAC, 2010 IEEE Fifth InternationalConference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage, DOI:10.1109/NAS.2010.18, (2010).
- Bhavna Gupta; Harmeet Kaur; Namita and Punam Bedi, Trust BasedAccess Control for Grid Resources, 2011 International Conference onCommunication Systems and Network Technologies, DOI:10.1109/CSNT.2011.146, (2011).
- Kaiiali M. ; Wankar R. ; Rao C.R. & Agarwal A., (2010). A Rough Set based PCM for authorizing grid resources. 2010 10th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications. PP. 391-396 (DOI: 10.1109/ISDA.2010.5687232).
- M. Kaiiali, R. Wankar, C.R. Rao, A. Agarwal, New efficient tree-building algorithms for creating HCM decision tree in a grid authorization system, in: The 2nd International Conference on Network Applications Protocols and Services, NETAPPS, Malaysia, 22–23 September 2010, pp. 1–6.(2010).
- Kaiiali M. ; Wankar R. ; Rao C.R. & Agarwal A., (2010). Enhancing the Hierarchical Clustering Mechanism of Storing Resources’ Security Policies in a Grid Authorization System. International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology ICDCIT 2010: Distributed Computing and Internet Technology PP. 134-139 (DOI: 10.1007/978-3 -642-11659-9_13).
- Kaiiali M. ; Wankar R. ; Rao C.R. & Agarwal A., (2012). Concurrent HCM for Authorizing Grid Resources. International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology ICDCIT 2012: Distributed Computing and Internet Technology.PP 255-256. (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-28073-3_23).
- Mustafa Kaiiali , Rajeev Wankara, C.R. Raoa, Arun Agarwal , Rajkumar Buyyab, Grid authorization Graph , Future Generation Computer Systems 29 1909–1918 (2013).
- Ehsan Amiria, Hassan Keshavarzb, Naoki Ohshimab, and Shozo Komakic; Resource Allocation in Grid: A Review, International Conference on Innovation, Management and Technology Research, Malaysia, 22-23 September, 2013.
- Namane S., Kaiiali M., Ghoualmi N., (2017). Weighted Grid Authorization Graph (WGAG). 2017 Sixth International Conference on Communications and Networking (ComNet). DOI: 10.1109/COMNET.2017.8285589.
- Lawrence Chiou, Spencer Whitehead, Geoff Pilling. Graph Theory. Retrieved on October 15, 2019 from https://brilliant.org/wiki/graph-theory/.
- John Rushby, The Bell and La Padula Security Model. Draft Technical Note of June 20 (1986), retrieved on 15 May 2018 from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ffe2/b8473a61050102f6ec7ffc6dceba98bef00f.pdf.
- Mustafa Kaiiali, C. R. Rao, Rajeev Wankar, Arun Agarwal, Cross-Domain, Single Resource Authorization using HCM. International Technology Management Conference, Antalya, Turkey, (2015).
- Grid Computing - Definition and Disadvantages. Retrieved on May 15, 2019 from http://www.brighthub.com/environment/green computing/articles/107038.aspx
- Yuan, E. and Tong, J., (2005). Attributed Based Access Control (ABAC) for Web Service. The 2005 IEEE International conference on web service (ICWS‟05).
- Bokefode Jayant. D., Ubale Swapnaja A., Apte Sulabha S., Modani Dattatray G., (2014). Analysis of DAC MAC RBAC Access Control based Models for Security. International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 104 –No.5, October 2014.
- TechTarget, (2018). Mandatory access control (MAC). Retrieved on September 20, 2018 from http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/mandatory-access-control-MAC.
- Kaustav, R., & Avijit B., (2012). A Proposed Mechanism for Cross-Domain Authorization in Grid Computing Environment. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering ISSN 2250- 2459, Volume 2, Issue 4 PP.163-166.
- Rissanen, E. (2013). eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) Version 3.0. OASIS Standard. Retrieved on August 20, 2018 from http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/3.0/xacml-3.0-core-spec-os-en.html.
- OASIS. Open standards, Open source. Retrieved on September 20, 2019 from https://www.oasis-open.org/org.
- Parsing an XML File Using SAX. Retrieved on September 20, 2019 from https://docs.oracle. com/javase/tutorial/jaxp/ sax/parsing.html
- Wikepedia. Lightweight Directory Access Protocol. Retrieved on June 20, 2019 from https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightweight_Directory_Access_Protocol.
Abstract Views: 29
PDF Views: 0