Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Tutorial on Resource Allocation Schemes for Underlay D2D Communications
Device to Device (D2D) communications is anticipated to be the main part of the fifth generation (5G) wireless communications because of its advantages. For instance, it improves the cellular network performance and the spectral efficiency. But interference issues in D2D communications are typically more complex than conventional cellular network, especially in the underlay mode. To get the perfect performance of wireless communications system, the challenges for different types of interference are needed to be administrated to achieve efficient spectrum utilization and energy consumption. This is done by using different Resource Allocation (RA) schemes in D2D communications. In this work, a survey on the RA techniques in underlay D2D communications will be introduced.
D2D, Overlay, Underlay, Resource Allocation, Throughput and Spectrum Efficiency.
- P. Gandotra and R. K. Jha, “Device-to-device communication in cellular networks: A survey,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 71, pp. 99–117, 2016.
- A. Asadi, Q. Wang, and V. Mancuso, “A survey on device-to-device communication in cellular networks,” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 1801–1819, 2014.
- R. Alkurd, R. M. Shubair, and I. Abualhaol, “Survey on device-to-device communications: Challenges and design issues,” in New Circuits and Systems Conference (NEW-CAS), 2014 IEEE 12th International. IEEE, 2014, pp. 361–364.
- J. Zhang, G. Wu, W. Xiong, Z. Chen, and S. Li, “Utility-maximization resource allocation for device-to-device communication underlaying cellular networks,” in Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps), 2013 IEEE. IEEE, 2013, pp. 623–628.
- J. Zheng, B. Chen, and Y. Zhang, “An adaptive time division scheduling based resource allocation algorithm for d2d communication underlaying cellular networks,” in Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2015 IEEE. IEEE, 2015, pp. 1–7.
- J. Fan, Y. Wang, and S. Wu, “A resource scheduling method based on qos for device-to-device communication systems,” in Global Information Infrastructure and Networking Symposium (GIIS), 2015. IEEE, 2015, pp. 1–6.
- M. Ni, J. Pan, and L. Cai, “Geometrical-based throughput analysis of device-to-device communications in a sector partitioned cell,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 2232–2244, 2015.
- M. I. Khan, M. M. Alam, Y. L. Moullec, and E. Yaacoub, “Throughput-aware cooperative reinforcement learning for adaptive resource allocation in device-to-device communication,” Future Internet, vol. 9, no. 4, p. 72, 2017.
- C. Yang, X. Xu, J. Han, and X. Tao, “Ga based user matching with optimal power allocation in d2d underlaying network,” in Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), 2014 IEEE 79th. IEEE, 2014, pp. 1–5.
- H. Kalbkhani and M. G. Shayesteh, “Power allocation and relay selection for network-coded d2d communication underlay heterogeneous cellular networks,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 699–715, 2018.
- B. Chen, J. Zheng, and Y. Zhang, “A time division scheduling resource allocation algorithm for d2d communication in cellular networks,” in Communications (ICC), 2015 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2015, pp. 5422–5428.
- Y. Yang, Y. Zhang, K. Shi, and J. Li, “Optimal power control for energy efficiency of device-to-device communication underlaying cellular networks,” in Industrial Informatics (INDIN), 2016 IEEE 14th International Conference on. IEEE, 2016, pp. 1028–1031.
- F. Jiang, H. Wang, H. Ren, and S. Xu, “Energy-efficient resource and power allocation for underlay multicast device-to-device transmission,” Future Internet, vol. 9, no. 4, p. 84, 2017.
- X. Cai, J. Zheng, and Y. Zhang, “A graph-coloring based resource allocation algorithm for d2d communication in cellular networks,” in Communications (ICC), 2015 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2015, pp. 5429–5434.
- Z. Lin, Y. Li, S. Wen, Y. Gao, X. Zhang, and D. Yang, “Stochastic geometry analysis of achievable transmission capacity for relay-assisted device-to-device networks,” in Communications (ICC), 2014 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2014, pp. 2251–2256.
- Y. Xu, R. Yin, T. Han, and G. Yu, “Dynamic resource allocation for device-to-device communication underlaying cellular networks,” International Journal of Communication Systems, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 2408–2425, 2014.
- J. Gao, X. Liao, J. Deng, and P. Ren, “A mode shifting resource allocation scheme for device-to-device underlaying cellular network,” AASRI Procedia, vol. 5, pp. 40–47, 2013.
- M. Ru, S. Yin, and Z. Qu, “Power and spectrum allocation in d2d networks based on coloring and chaosgenetic algorithm,” Procedia Computer Science, vol. 107, pp. 183–189, 2017.
- V. Singhi and S. Indu, “Spectrum sharing using metaheuristic genetic model for cellular users and ad-hoc device-to-device users,” International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 596–600, 2016.
- S. Dinh-Van, Y. Shin, and O.-S. Shin, “Resource allocation and power control based on user grouping for underlay device-to-device communications in cellular networks,” Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, vol. 28, no. 1, p. e2920, 2017.
- F. Hajiaghajani and M. Rasti, “Downlink resource reuse for device-to-device communication underlaying cellular networks using a generalized knapsack framework,” in Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), 2016 13th IEEE Annual. IEEE, 2016, pp. 171–176.
- J. Huang, Y. Zhao, and K. Sohraby, “Resource allocation for intercell device-to-device communication underlaying cellular network: A game-theoretic approach,” in Computer Communication and Networks (ICCCN), 2014 23rd International Conference on. IEEE, 2014, pp. 1–8.
- R. AliHemmati, M. Dong, B. Liang, G. Boudreau, andS. H. Seyedmehdi, “Multi-channel resource allocation toward ergodic rate maximization for underlay device-to-device communications,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 1011–1025, 2018.
- C. Lee, “A collaborative power control and resources allocation for d2d (device-to-device) communication underlaying lte cellular networks,” Cluster Computing, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 559-567, 2017.
- F.-B. Li, P.-X. Li, Y.-F. Yang, and H. Li, “Game theory based interference control and power control for d2d communication in cellular networks,” International journal of Computer Networks & Communications, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 27–40, 2016.
- J. Lee, J. Gu, S. J. Bae, and M. Y. Chung, “A resource allocation scheme for improving user fairness in device-to-device communication based on cellular networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication. ACM, 2013, p. 112.
- D. J. Son, C. H. Yu, and D. I. Kim, “Resource allocation based on clustering for d2d communications in underlaying cellular networks,” in Information and Communication Technology Convergence (ICTC), 2014 International Conference on. IEEE, 2014, pp. 232–237.
- H. Zhang, L. Song, and Z. Han, “Radio resource allocation for device-to-device underlay communication using hypergraph theory.” IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 4852–4861, 2016.
- Y. Hassan, F. Hussain, S. Hossen, S. Choudhury, and M. M. Alam, “Interference minimization in d2d communication underlaying cellular networks,” IEEE Access, vol. 5, pp. 22 471–22 484, 2017.
- P. Janis, V. Koivunen, C. Ribeiro, J. Korhonen, K. Doppler, and K. Hugl, “Interference-aware resource allocation for device-to-device radio underlaying cellular networks,” in Vehicular Technology Conference, 2009. VTC Spring 2009. IEEE 69th. IEEE, 2009, pp. 1–5.
- J. Sun, T. Zhang, X. Liang, Z. Zhang, and Y. Chen, “Up-link resource allocation in interference limited area for d2d-based underlaying cellular networks,” in Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), 2016 IEEE 83rd. IEEE, 2016, pp. 1–6.
- N. P. Kuruvatti and H. D. Schotten, “Post-resource sharing power allocation in cellular networks to coexist with d2d underlay,” in Network of the Future (NOF), 2016 7th International Conference on the. IEEE, 2016, pp. 1–3.
Abstract Views: 0
PDF Views: 1