Exploratory Effects of Strategic Invention Materials in General Biology 2
Science, as a highly advanced yet practical discipline, provides a person with opportunities to develop life, practical skills and most importantly scientific skills. Learning its topics becomes easier with the aid of various Instructional Materials (IMs) which are necessary for achieving the goals teaching-learning process and address the needs of diversified learners. Strategic Intervention Material (SIM) is an activity where students can utilize it in and out of the four corners of classroom. This research endeavor aimed to find out the effectiveness of SIM in General Biology 2 of STEM class. The study utilized single group pretest-posttest experimental design. About 15 participants were used as subjects. Mean, Standard deviation, and Wilcoxon signed rank test were the statistical tools employed. The study revealed that students have improved performances after using SIM as depicted in the computed sig value of 0.004 and 0.001 for DNA and Protein synthesis and Recombinant DNA respectively. With these, teachers are encouraged to make and utilize SIM as an effective material to achieve learning objectives.
- DepEd, "An Introductory Guide to Senior High School," 2015.
- E. B. Ogena, R. D. Lana and R. S. Sasota, "Performance of the Philippine high schools with special curriculum in the 2008 trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS-Advanced)," 2010.
- DepEd, "Policy Guidelines on the National Assessment of Student Learning for the K to 12 Basic Education Program," 2016.
- A. Cimer, "What makes biology learning difficult and effectice," Students' views and Educational Research reviews, vol. 7(3), pp. 61-67.
- M. Dahar, "Effect of the Availability and the Use of Instructional Material on Academic Performance of Students in Punjab (Pakistan)," Euro Journal Publishing Inc. , 2011.
- F. T. Bunagan, "Science Intervention Material," 2012.
- R. Dio and C. Diaz, "Effectiveness of Tri-In-1Strategic Intervention Materials for Grade 9 Students throught Solomon Four Group Design," 2017.
- L. Andal, "Development, Validation and Effectiveness of Enhancement Activities in Science 7," Unpblished Thesis - URS, 2013.
- G. Villonez, "Strategic Intervention Material as Strategy and the Academic Achievement of Grade 7 Students on Selected Topic in Earth Science," PUPIL: International Journal of Teaching, Education and Learning, pp. 2(3), 78-88, 2018.
- V. Alboruto, "Beating the numbers through strategic intervention materials (SIMs): Innovative science teaching for large classes," 2017.
- A. Gultiano, "Effects of strategic intervention material (SIM) on the academic achievements in Chemistry of public high school students," 2012.
- F. Herrera and A. Soriano, "The Efficacy of the Strategic Intervention Materials (SIM) to the Achievement in Physics of a Selected group of Public Schools Students in Las Nieves, Agusan del Norte," 2016.
- J. Dy, "Strategic Intervention Materials in Teaching Science IV Physics," 2007.
- R. Rams, "Development and Validation of Instructional Material in Problem Solving for Grade 7," Unpublished Master's Thesis - URS, 2013.
- L. Dacumos, "Perspective of Secondary Teachers in the Utilization of Science Startegic Intervention Material (SIM) in Increasing Learning Proficiency of Students in Science Education," 2016.
- R. Bautista, "Development, Validation, and Acceptabilty of Electronic Intervention Material (EIM) in Science for Grade 7," 2017.
Abstract Views: 17
PDF Views: 0