Open Access Subscription Access
Numerical Analysis of the Gas-Particle Two-Phase Flow in a Multistep Dust Collector
The gas-particle two-phase flow in a multistep dust collector has been numerically analysed for the improvement of particle separation efficiency under several typical industrial conditions. Moreover, the calculated results are validated by experiments with a maximum error emax = 4.6%. The results indicate the influence of the geometrical dimensions of the multistep dust collector on particle separation efficiency and pressure drop. The present study proposes an effective approach to optimize a dust collector, which can improve particle separation efficiency at low cost and in a short development cycle.
Gas-Particle, Multistep Dust Collector, Numerical Analysis, Pressure Drop, Separation Efficiency.
- Bernardo, S., Mori, M., Peres, A. P. and Dionísio, R. P., 3-d computational fluid dynamics for gas and gas-particle flows in a cyclone with different inlet section angles. Powder Technol., 2006, 162, 190–200.
- Chen, S., Liu, P. and Gong, J., Performance study of backflow type dynamic cyclone separator for coal-bed methane. Powder Technol., 2017, 305, 56–62.
- Yao, J. and Takei, M., Application of process tomography to multiphase flow measurement in industrial and biomedical fields – a review. IEEE Sens. J., 2017, 17, 8194–8205.
- Wan, G., Sun, G., Xue, X. and Shi, M., Solids concentration simulation of different size particles in a cyclone separator. Powder Technol., 2008, 183, 94–104.
- Sun, X. and Yoon, J. Y., Multi-objective optimization of a gas cyclone separator using genetic algorithm and computational fluid dynamics. Powder Technol., 2017, 325, 347–360.
- Tan, F., Karagoz, I. and Avci, A., The effects of vortex finder dimensions on the natural vortex length in a new cyclone separator. Chem. Eng. Commun., 2016, 203, 1216–1221.
- Duan, L., Wu, X., Ji, Z., Xiong, Z. and Zhuang, J., The flow pattern and entropy generation in an axial inlet cyclone with reflux cone and gaps in the vortex finder. Powder Technol., 2016, 303, 192–202.
- Xue, X., Sun, G., Wan, G. and Shi, M., Numerical simulation of particle concentration in a gas cyclone separator. Pet. Sci., 2007, 4, 76–83.
- Hsiao, T. C., Chen, D., Greenberg, P. S. and Street, K. W., Effect of geometric configuration on the collection efficiency of axial flow cyclones. J. Aerosol Sci., 2011, 42, 78–86.
- Hsiao, T.-C., Chen, D.-R., Li, L., Greenberg, P. and Street, K. W., Development of a multi-stage axial flow cyclone. Aerosol Sci., Technol., 2010, 44, 253–261.
- Chen, S. C. and Tsai, C. J., An axial flow cyclone to remove nanoparticles at low pressure conditions. J. Nanopart. Res., 2007, 9, 71–83.
- Wu, F., Huang, C., Chen, F., Zhang, W. and Jia, C., Experimental study on cyclone separator. In International Conference on Mechanic Automation and Control Engineering, Hohhot, China, 15–17 July 2011, pp. 2163–2166.
- Menter, F. R., Kuntz, M. and Langtry, R., Ten years of industrial experience with the SST turbulence model. Turbulence, 2003, 4(1), 625–632.
- Menter, F., Zonal two equation k–ω turbulence models for aerodynamic flows. In 23rd Fluid Dynamics, Plasma Dynamics, and Lasers Conference, Orlando, FL, USA, 6–9 July 1993.
- Yoshida, H., Yang, K. S., Fukui, K., Akiyama, S. and Taniguchi, S., Effect of apex cone on particle classification performance of cyclone separator. J. Chin. Inst. Chem. Eng., 2004, 35, 41–46.
- Liu, H., Wang, Y., Yuan, S., Tan, M. and Wang, K., Effects of blade number on characteristics of centrifugal pumps. Chin. J. Mech. Eng., 2010, 23, 742–747.
- Ahmadpour, A., Abadi, S. M. A. N. R. and Meyer, J. P., Numerical investigation of pool boiling on a staggered tube bundle for different working fluids. Int. J. Multiphase Flow, 2018, 104, 89– 102.
- Chen, J. and Shi, M., A universal model to calculate cyclone pressure drop. Powder Technol., 2007, 171, 184–191.
- Hreiz, R., Lainé, R., Wu, J., Lemaitre, C., Gentric, C. and Fünfschilling, D., On the effect of the nozzle design on the performances of gas–liquid cylindrical cyclone separators. Int. J. Multiphase Flow, 2014, 58, 15–26.
Abstract Views: 8
PDF Views: 0