Open Access Subscription Access
Bird Nests and Forensic Geology
A recent publication presented mineralogical analysis of bird nests from both rural and urban areas. It was found that the birds use minerals with specific characteristics and that they get them from a significant distance from their nests if these minerals are not found close by such mineralogical analysis of bird nests can have a significant impact on forensic geology and as a result on criminal investigations.
- Papoulis, D., Tzortzakaki, O., Avramidis, P., Mentis, P., Lampropoulou, P. and Iliopoulos, G., Sci. Rep., 2018, 8, 11050.
- Webb, J. B., Bottrell, M., Stern, L. A. and Saginor, I., Episodes, 2017, 40, 118–119.
- Barrett, J., Official Magazine of the South Australian Police, 2003, vol. 3, pp. 9–11.
- Fitzpatrick, R. W. and Raven, M. D., Guidelines for conducting criminal and environmental soil forensic investigations (V10), Centre for Australian Forensic Soil Science, Client Report: CAFSS_076 (version 10.1), 2016.
- Pirrie, D., Dawson, L. and Graham, G., Episodes, 2017, 40, 141–147.
Abstract Views: 14
PDF Views: 0