Open Access Subscription Access
2019 Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Prize of Plasma Physics
The Division of Plasma Physics (DPP) under the Association of Asia-Pacific Physical Societies (AAPPS) has selected Liu Chen (China) and Kazunari Shibata (Japan) as the 2019 Laureates of the Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Prize of Plasma Physics. The 2019 Selection Committee comprised of leading plasma physicists, including Ravindra Kumar (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India) and Gadiyara Chakrapani Anupama (Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bengaluru, India). The award ceremonies for the two laureates are scheduled to take place during the 14th Asia-Pacific Physics Conference in Malaysia during 17–22 November 2019 (this Conference series is held once in three years; http://appc2019.ifm.org.my/).
- Khan, S. A., Curr. Sci., 2016, 111(3), 458.
- John, P. I. and Sen, A., Curr. Sci., 2017, 113(2), 337–338.
- Chen, L. and Hasegawa, A., J. Geophys. Res., 1974, 79(7), 1024–1032; https://doi.org/10.1029/JA079i007p01024.
- Chen, L., Lin, Z. and White, R., Phys. Plasmas, 2000, 7(8), 3129; https://doi.org/10.1063/1.874222.
- Shibata, K. and Uchida, Y., Publ. Astron. Soc. Jpn, 1986, 38, 631–660.
- Shibata, K., Astrophys. Space Sci., 1998, 264(1–4), 129–144; https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1002413214356.
Abstract Views: 61
PDF Views: 0