Open Access Subscription Access
Observational Records of Stars in Indian Texts – III (Gemini)
In continuation of the compilation of all bright stars in various texts based on the listed coordinates, we present here the coordinates of the stars in the region of Gemini. Using the 27 nakṣatras on the ecliptic, the coordinates were matched for the epochs of the catalogues to resolve possible ambiguity in the identification of faint stars. In an attempt to cover the stars beyond the zodiac, conversions of coordinates are very useful. Those lists which hint at the actual observational data are chosen for the study. Although the region specified is Gemini, it covers all Declinations within the Right Ascension 4 hours to 6 hours.
- Pai, V. R. and Shylaja, B. S., Curr. Sci., 2016, 111, 1551–1558.
- Shylaja, B. S. and Pai, V. R., Curr. Sci., 2018, 115, 570–573.
- Shylaja, B. S. and Pai, V. R., In Growth and Development of Astronomy and Astrophysics in India and South Asia- Pacific Region (eds Orchiston, W., Sule, A. and Vahia, M. N.), Hindusthan Book Agency, 2018; Springer, 2019, pp. 54– 58.
- Pingree, D., Dict. Sci. Biogr., 1978, 15, 533–633.
- Raika, K. K., Edition of Yantrarāja and its Commentary by Malayendu Sūri, Nirnayasagar Press, Mumbai, 1936.
- Manuscript of Siddhātarāja/Sarvasiddhāntarāja by Nityānanda, Ms no. 206 of A.1883-84, Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute (BORI), Pune.
- Ohashi, Y., Indian J. Hist. Sci., 1994, 29(2), 155–313.
- Pai, V. R., Ramasubramanian, K., Sriram, M. S. and Srinivas, M. D., Karaṇapaddhati of Putumana Somayājī, With Translation and Detailed Mathematical Notes, Hindusthan Book Agency, 2017; Springer, 2018.
- Burgess, E., J. Am. Oriental Soc., 1860, 6, 141–498.
- Ray, J. C., Siddhāntadarpaṇa of Chandraśekhara Sāmanta, Institute of Orissan Culture, 1998.
- Sarma, S. R., 2018; https://srsarma.in/catalogue.php
- Ratnasree, N., Dasgupta, P. and Garg, A., In Growth and Development of Astronomy and Astrophysics in India and South Asia-Pacific Region (eds Orchiston, W., Sule, A. and Vahia, M. N.), Hindusthan Book Agency, 2018; Springer, 2019, pp. 17–33.
Abstract Views: 12
PDF Views: 0