Open Access Subscription Access
Use of a Weather Forecast Model to Identify Suitable Sites for New Wind Power Plants in Karnataka
The wind speed forecast by a weather forecast model (with a resolution of 3 km) has been used to identify regions with high wind speed in Karnataka. The correlation between daily wind speed predicted by the model and the measured wind speed at three stations in Karnataka has been shown to be high. Based on this model, new locations have been suggested for the installation of new wind power plants in Karnataka.
Karnataka, Potential Site, Renewables, Weather Model, Wind Plant.
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Tentative state-wise break-up of renewable power target to be achieved by the year 2022 so that cumulative achievement is 1,75,000 MW; https://mnre.gov.in/file-manager/UserFiles/Tentative-State-wise-break-up-of-Renewable-Power-by-2022.pdf (accessed on 24 July 2018).
- Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Ltd, RE progress report up to June 2018; http://kredlinfo.in/ (accessed on 24 July 2018).
- Bandi, M. M., Spectrum of wind power fluctuations. Phys. Rev. Lett., 2017, 118, 028301.
- Gangopadhyay, A. and Srinivasan, J., Impact of spatial variation of wind generation in India. In 1st International Conference on Large-Scale Grid Integration of Renewable Energy in India, New Delhi, 2017; http://regridintegrationindia.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/09/GIZ17_096_posterpaper_Anasuya_Gangopadhyay.pdf (accessed on 24 July 2018).
- National Institute of Wind Energy, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India, Wind power potential at 100 m agl; http://niwe.res.in/department_wra_100m%20agl.php (accessed on 9 Auguat 2018).
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, List of wind monitoring stations with maws and Mawpd (MNRE as on 28.02.15), 2015; http://niwe.res.in/NIWE_OLD/Docu/List_of_WMS_on_28.02.2015.pdf (accessed on 24 July 2018).
- Mukhopadhyay, P., Despande, M., Kanase, R., Mukherjee, M., Mohan, G. and Ganai, M., Recent initiative of solar and wind forecasting using a high resolutioncloud resolving model. In 1st International Conference on Large-Scale Grid Integration of Renewable Energy in India, New Delhi, 2017; http://regridintegrationindia.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/09/6B_3_GIZ17_063_paper_PMukhopadhyay_170816.pdf (accessed on 24 July 2018).
- Skamarock, W. C. et al., A description of the advanced research WRF version 3, NCAR Tech. Note NCAR/TN-4751 STR, 2008, pp. 1–113; http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/arw_v3_bw.pdf
- NEG Micon NM 82/1650, Power curve and technical details; https://en.wind-turbine-models.com/turbines/1149-neg-micon-nm-82-1650 (accessed on 24 July 2018).
- Athreya, V. et al., Spotted in the news: using media reports to examine leopard distribution, depredation, and management practices outside protected areas in Southern India. PLoS ONE, 2015, 10(11), e0142647; https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0142647 (accessed on 24 July 2018).
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Frequently asked questions on wind power programme (FAQ); https://mnre.gov.in/filemanager/ UserFiles/faq_wind.pdf (accessed on 23 July 2018).
Abstract Views: 15
PDF Views: 0