Open Access Subscription Access
Education System for Make in India
This paper focuses on some of the plans being implemented in higher education by Government and other organisations. Implementation of Outcome Based Education and Skill Development Programme are discussed. Status of existing schemes like Industry Institute Interaction, Internships and Industry Oriented Mini Projects are discussed and some modifications are proposed. Pros and cons of "Flexi-semester" system in which one or two semesters of the program will be open and the courses in those semesters be decided depending on the latest developments are discussed. Suggestions are made to improve the existing education system, to make the citizens as technocrats and entrepreneurs.
Education and Skill Development, Flexi-Semester, Mini Projects.
- AICTE approval process hand book 2014-15.
- Answer in Parliament on March2013. Available from http://labour.nic.in/upload/uploadfiles/files/Divisions/Parliament/5360(1).pdf
- Available from http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/ mhrd/files/statistics/EAG2014.pdf
- Available from http://www.npiu.nic.in
- Available from http://mhrd.gov.in/rusa
- KPMG. Human resource and Skill requirements in Electronics and IT hardware sector (2013-17, 2017-22). National Skill Development Corporation.
- MHRD annual report 2014-15. Available from http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/documentreports/Part1.pdf
- Presentation to the mission authority RUSA. Available from http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/upload_document/Presentation 8 January2014.pdf
Abstract Views: 128
PDF Views: 36