Open Access Subscription Access
Recursive Visual Secret Sharing for Biometric Authentication
Visual Secret Sharing (VSS) or Visual Cryptography is a single level encryption used to share a secret image in the form of shares among group of users and the image decryption can be done by stacking the shares without the prior knowledge of encryption and with no cryptographic computations. In the Recursive Visual secret Sharing (RVSS), the original image is encrypted into first level, second level, third level shares and so on. For n levels 2n shares are generated. In this paper, a new method of Biometric authentication using 2-outof- 2VSSwith two levels encryption is proposed, where the output of first level shares becomes the input to the second level shares generation. The security of the Biometric Image (BI) can be improved by increasing the levels of share generation (encryption) and decrypted image is obtained by stacking all level shares.
Biometric Authentication, Recursive Visual Secret Sharing (RVSS), Visual Cryptography, Visual Secret Sharing.
- Naor M, Shamir A. Visual Cryptography. EUROCRYPT. 1994. 950:1–12.
- Gnanaguruparan M, Kak S. Recursive hiding of secrets in visual cryptography. Cryptologia. 2002; 26:68–76.
- Parakh A, Kak S. A recursive threshold visual cryptography scheme. Cryptology ePrint Archive. 2008; 535.
- Ateniese G, Blundo C, Santis AD, Stinson D. Constructions and bounds for visual cryptography. LNCS. 1996; 1099:416–28.
- Naor M, Shamir A. Visual Cryptography II: Improving the Contrast Via the Cover Base. Security in Communication Networks.1996; 197–202.
- Wang D, Yia F, Li X. On general construction for extended visual cryptography schemes. J Pattern Recognition. 2009; 42:3071–82.
- Droste S. New results on visual cryptography. CRYPTO. 1996; 1109:401–15.
- Monoth T, Anto BP. Tamperproof Transmission of Fingerprints Using VisualCryptography Schemes. Elsevier science direct, Procedia Computer Science. 2010; 2:143–8.
- Rajendra AB, Sheshadri HS. A new approach to analyze visual secret sharing schemes for biometric authentication. International Journal in Foundations of Computer Science & Technology. 2013; 3(6):53–60.
Abstract Views: 127
PDF Views: 36