Open Access Subscription Access
Reliability and Security of Embedded Systems: A Study from End User Perspective
The paper provides an end user perspective of reliability and security issues of embedded systems being used in 21st century. Now-a-days, embedded systems controlled devices are increasingly popular in the industry as well as among the customers. Some of the very useful domains of its use are medical sciences, aviation, rail transport (metro), driverless car, critical data transfer etc. Due to complex nature in some of the embedded system applications, it is found that the defects in the system can cause life-threatening situations, delays can create huge financial impacts, and insufficient productivity can impact entire economies. It is increasingly sought a reliable and better performance embedded system to meet objective with desired level of accuracy and embedded system should be adoptable to environmental change by using artificial intelligence. This paper starts with the basic ideas of embedded system, its classifications and important applications with an emphasis on reliability and security of the embedded systems from the point of view of end users.
Embedded System, Message Authentication Codes (MACs), Reliability, Security, Systems on Chips (SoCs).
- Sanger DE. Obama Order Sped Up Wave of Cyberattacks against Iran. The New York Times. 2012 Jun.
- Markoff J. Stung by Security Flaws, Microsoft Makes Software Safety a Top Goal. The New York Times. 2002 Jan.
- Mundie C, Pierre de V, Haynes P, Corwine M. 2002. Available from http://download.microsoft.com/ download/a/f/2/af22fd56-7f19-47aa-8167-4b1d73cd3c57/ twc_mundie.doc.
- Shipley P, Garfinkel SL. An Analysis of Dial-Up Modems and Vulnerabilities. 2001. Available from www.dis.org/filez/Wardial_ShipleyGarfinkel.pdf
- Aeronautical Radio Inc. Draft 1 of Project Paper 664, Aircraft Data Networks, Part 5. Network Interconnection Devices. 2001 May. AEEC Letter 01-112/SAI/742
- Kocher P, Lee R, Mc Graw G, Raghunathan A, Ravi S. Security as a New Dimension in Embedded System Design, DAC 2004. 2004 Jun 7–11.
Abstract Views: 118
PDF Views: 63