Factors Influencing Individual Investor’s Behaviour in Nepali Stock Market
Information structure, characteristics of market participants, knowledge and attitude toward human behaviour are the factors that influencing individual investors behaviour. Some of them were identified but not explored sufficiently in the context of Nepal. This study aims to find out the individual investors influencing factors. A descriptive research design was used for this study. A total of 128 (out of 200) respondents information were collected. Moreover, the descriptive statistical analysis was done.
The findings of this study from the most and least influencing factors were accounting information and self/firm's image. Similarly, male gender, younger and fresh investors are eager to participate in the Nepali stock market.
- Abul, J. (2019), Factors Influencing Individual Investor Behaviour: Evidence from the Kuwait Stock Exchange, Asian Social Science, 15(3): 27-39.
- AI-Tamini, H. (2006), Factors Influencing Individual Investor Behaviour: An Empirical Study of the UAE Financial Markets, The Business Review, 5(2): 225-232.
- Alfredo, M.O. and S.F. Vicente (2010), Investment and Intangibles: Evidence from Banks, SSRN Working Paper Series, July.
- Amad, S. (2017), Factors Influencing Individual Investors’ Behaviour: An Empirical Study of Pakistan Financial Markets, Journal of Business and Financial Affairs, 6(4): 297-304.
- Kadaria, S., et. al. (2012), Investors Awareness and Investment in Equity in Nepalese Capital Market, Banking Journal, 2(1): 1-15.
- Kamesaka, A., et. al. (2003), Investment Patterns and Performance of Investor groups in Japan, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 11(3): 1-22.
- Panda, B.N. and J.K. Panda (2012), An Analytical Study on the Perception of Risk and Return for Individual Investors, Journal of Business Management, Commerce and Research, 1(3): 36-44.
- Phan, K. C. and J. Zhou (2014), Factors Influencing Individual Investor Behaviour: An Empirical Study of the Vietnamese Stock Market, American Journal of Business and Management, 3(1): 77-94.
- Shafi, M. (2014), Determinants Influencing Individual Investor Behaviour, Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review, 2(1): 60-71.
- Slovic, P. (1972), A Psychological Study of Human Judgment: Implications for Investment Decision Making, Journal of Finance, 27(4): 779-799.
Abstract Views: 57
PDF Views: 0