Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Predicting the Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Novel 5-Phenylsulfamoyl-2-(2-Nitroxy) (Acetoxy) Benzoic Acid Derivatives using 2D and 3D-QSAR (kNN-MFA) Analysis
The quantitative structure–activity relationship (QSAR) analyses were carried out for a series of new side chain modified 5-phenylsulfamoyl-2-(2-nitroxy) (acetoxy) benzoic acid derivatives to find out the structural requirements of their anti-inflammatory activities. The statistically significant best 2D QSAR models for anti-inflammatory activity having correlation coefficient (r2) = 0.897 and cross validated squared correlation coefficient (q2) = 0.701 with external predictive ability (pred_r2) = 0.390 were developed by multiple linear regression coupled with genetic algorithm (GA–MLR) and stepwise (SW–MLR) forward algorithm, respectively. The results of the present study may be useful on the designing of more potent analogues as antimalarial agents.
QSAR, 5-Phenylsulfamoyl-2-(2-Nitroxy) (Acetoxy) Benzoic Acid, Anti-Inflammatory, MLR, Genetic Algorithm.
- H. Abadi, et al. (2005), Synthesis of novel 4-substituted-7-trifluoromethylquinoline derivatives with nitric oxide releasing properties and their evaluation as analgesic and anti-inflammatory agents, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry , 13, pp. 5759–5765.
- U. K. Bandarage, et al. (2000) Nitrosothiol esters of diclofenac synthesis and pharmacological characterization as gastrointestinal-sparing prodrugs, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 43, pp. 4005-16.
- S. V. Bhandari, et al. (2009) Design, synthesis and pharmacological screening of novel nitric oxide donors containing 1,5-diarylpyrazolin-3-one as nontoxic NSAIDs, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 44, pp.4622–4636
- Ajmani, S., Jadhav, K., and Kulkarni, S. (2006), Three-dimensional QSAR using the k-nearest neighbor method and its interpretation. Journal of chemical information and modeling, 46, pp. 24-31.
- BOLTON, S. and BON, C. (2004), Pharmaceutical Statistics- Practical and Clinical Application 4th Ed. New York, USA: Marcel Dekker Inc.
- C. Cena, et al. (2003) Anti-inflammatory, Gastro sparing, and Antiplatelet Properties of New NO-Donor Esters of Aspirin, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 46, pp. 747- 54.
- M. A. Chowdhury, et al. (2010), Celecoxib analogs possessing a N-(4-nitrooxybutyl) piperidin-4-yl or N-(4- nitrooxybutyl)-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridin-4-yl nitric oxide donor moiety: Synthesis, biological evaluation and nitric oxide release studies, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters , 20, pp.1324–1329
- M. A. Chowdhury, et al. (2008), Synthesis of new 4-[2-(4-methyl (amino) sulfonylphenyl)-5-trifluoromethyl-2H-pyrazol-3-yl]-1, 2, 3, 6-tetrahydropyridines: A search for novel nitric oxide donor anti-inflammatory agents, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 16, pp.8882–88
- B. C. Daniel, et al. (2008), Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Agents – Benefits and New Developments for Cancer Pain, Supportive Oncology, pp. 18-22.
- J. E Downing, et a.l (2005) Gastric and thymic assay of acute oral treatment of rats with nitric oxide esters of ibuprofen or indomethacin, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.
- O. O. Fadeyi, et al (2004) Antipyretic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and cytotoxic effects of four derivatives of salicylic acid and anthranilic acid in mice and rats, African Journal of Biotechnology, 3(8), pp. 426-431
- S. Fiorucci, J. L. Wallace, R. N. Dubois, et al.(2000) New anti-inflammatory agents: NO-NSAIDS and COX-2 inhibitors. International conference on “Advances in Prostaglandin and Leukotriene Research: Basic Science and New Clinical Applications”, June (4-8), pp. 2.
- S. Fioruccia, et al. (2007), NSAIDs, coxibs, CINOD and H2S-releasing NSAIDs: What lies beyond the horizon, Digestive and Liver Disease, 39, pp. 1043–1051.
Abstract Views: 25
PDF Views: 0