Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Preparation and In Vitro Charactersation of Fast Disintigrating Tablets of Cimetidine
The present study was carried out to develop Fast Disintegration Tablets of Cimetidine. Kollidon, Vivasol, Tulsion 330 powder were used as Super Disintegrants. The blend of all the formulations showed good flow properties such as angle of repose, bulk density, tapped density. The prepared tablets were shown good post compression parameters and they passed all the quality control evaluation parameters as per I.P limits. Among all the formulations F7 formulation showed maximum % drug release i.e., 98.62% in 60 min hence it is considered as optimized formulation.
Cimetidine, Kollidon, Vivasol, Tulsion 330 and Fast Disintegration Tablets.
- Jaysweh J Harani, Dhaval A Rathod, Kantilal R Vadila, Orally disintegrating tablets, A review, Tropial Journal of Pharm.Sciences, 2009, 8(2), 161-172.
- V.B.Yadav, A.V.Yadav, Liquisolid granulation technique for tablet manufacturing, an overview, Journal of Pharmacy Research, 2009, 2(4), 670-674.
- Spireas S, Bolton M, Liquisolid systems and methods of preparing same, U.S. Patent 5,968,550, 1999.
- Ellsworth AJ, Witt DM, Dugdale DC, Medical Drug Reference, Elsevier science, Missouri, 2003, 610‐612.
- Subrahmanyam, C. V. S. Dissolution. In Textbook of Physical Pharmaceutics, 2nd ed.; Jain, M. K., Ed.; Vallabh Prakashan: Delhi, India, 2000; pp 1, 92.
- Ahmad Zaheer et al., Solubility enhancement of poorly water-soluble drugs, a review IJPT, 2011, 3(1), 807-82.
- Brahamankar D. M; Jaiswal S. B; Bioavailability and Bioequivalence, In Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, A Treatise, 1st edition, Vallabh Prakashan: Delhi, India, 1995, 298299.
- Sekiguchi K, Obi N, Studies on absorption of eutectic mixtures, I. A comparison of the behavior of eutectic mixtures of sulphathiazole and that of ordinary sulphathiazole in man, Chem. Pharm. Bull,1961, 9, 866–872.
- Fahmy RH, Kassem MA, Enhancement of famotidine dissolution rate through liquisolid tablet formulation: In vitro and In vivo evaluation, Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm, 2008, 69, 993-1003.
- Spiras S, Liquisolid systems and methods for preparing same, United States patent, 6,423,339 B1, (2002).
- Ajit S. Kulkarni, Nagesh H. et al., Liquisolid Systems: A Review. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology, 2010, 3(1), 795-802.
- Spireas SS, Jarowski CI, Rohera BD. Powder Solution technology, Principles and Mechanism, Pharma Research, 1992, 9, 1351 – 1358.
- Liao CC, Physicochemical properties of selected powdered drug solutions, Ph.D. thesis, St.John’s university, Jamaica, NY, 1983.
- Martin AN, Swarbrick J, Cammarata A, Physical Pharmacy, Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia, 1983; 445-468.
- Frizon Fernando, Josimar de Oliveira Eloy, Carmen Maria Donaduzzi, Marcia Lina Mitsui, and Juliana Maldonado Marchetti. "Dissolution rate enhancement of loratadine in polyvinylpyrrolidone K-30 solid dispersions by solvent methods." Powder Technology 235 (2013): 532-539.
- Noushin Bolourchian, Mohammad Mehdi Mahboobian, and Simin Dadashzadeh. "The effect of PEG molecular weights on dissolution behavior of Simvastatin in solid dispersions." Iranian journal of pharmaceutical research: IJPR 12, no. Suppl (2013): 11.
- Javadzadeh Y, Mussalrezaei L, Nokhodchi A, Liquisolid technique as a new approach to sustain propranolol hydrochloride release from tablet matrices, Int J Pharm. 2008, 362, 102-108.
Abstract Views: 6
PDF Views: 0