Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Determination of Flunarizine Dihydrochloride and Propranolol Hydrochloride in Combined Capsule Dosage form
A simple, sensitive, accurate and precise UV ‐ spectrophotometric isobestic point method for simultaneous estimation of flunarizine dihydrochloride and propranolol HCl in capsule dosage form has been developed and validated for accuracy, precision, ruggedness, linearity and range. The wavelengths selected for estimation of drugs were 262.5 nm (isobestic point at which both drug exhibit equal absorbance) and 288.8 nm (λ <SUB>max</SUB> of propranolol hydrochloride). Linearity for detector response for flunarizine dihydrochloride and propranolol HCL were 1-25 µg/ml and 4-100 μg/ml respectively. The method gives results for high accuracy and high recovery of 99.76±0.08 and 99.38±0.22 for flunarizine dihydrochloride and propranolol HCL respectively. % R.S.D. Values for marketed formulation analysis were found to be less than 2 which indicated good precision and reproducibility of the method. The method was found to be simple, sensitive, accurate and precise.
Flunarizine Dihydrochloride, Propranolol HCL, Isobestic Point Method
- British Pharmacopoeia, The Department of Health, published by The Stationery office onbehalf of medicines and Health Care Products Regulatory Agency, 2007,Vol. I, 890-891.
- Indian Pharmacopoeia, Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, published by The Indian pharmacopoeia commission Ghaziabad, 2010,Vol. III, 1987-1988.
- Schmidt R. and Oestreich W. Flunarizine in Migraine Prophylaxis. The Clinical Experience, Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, 1991, 18, 21-26.
- Jain S. K., Jain D., Tiwari M., and Chaturvedi S.C. Simultaneous spectrophotometricestimation of propranolol hydrochloride and hydrochlorthiazide in pharmaceutical formulation, Indian J. Pharm.Sci.,2002 , 64, 267- 270.
- Mohammad M.A.A. Spectrophotometric and Spectrofluorimetric determination of Cinnarizine and flunarizin/ dihydrochloridein pure and dosage forms, Bull Fac. Pharm. Cairo University, 2004,42, 27-40.
- Jonczyk A. and Nowakowska Z. Determination of hydrochlorothiazide, triamterene andpropranolol hydrochloride by the spectrophotometric method and highperformance liquidchromatography (HPLC), Acta Pol Pharm., 2001 58,339- 344.
- Wahbi A.A., El-WalilyA.F., Hassan E.M., Saliman F.G., El- Gendi A.J., Liquid chromatographic determination of flunarizine dihydrochloride in the presence of its degradation product, PharmBiomed Anal., 1995,13, 77-84.
- Kartinasari W.F., Chufianty H. and Indrayanto G. HPLC determination of Flunarizine dihydrochloridein Tablets and Its Validation, Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies, 2003, 26, 1059-1067.
- Bhavar G. and Chatpalliwar V.A. Quantitative Analysis of Propranolol Hydrochloride by High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography, Indian J Pharm Sci., 2008, 70, 395–398. 10.
- Salle E. D., Baker K.M., Bareggi S.R., Watkins W.D.,. Chidsey C.A., Frigerio A., Morselli P.L.A sensitive gas chromatographic method for the determination of propranolol in human plasm, Journal of Chromatography A,1973, 84, 347-353.
Abstract Views: 348
PDF Views: 0