Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Effectiveness of self Instructional Module on Knowledge regarding Home care Management among Patients undergoing Hemodialysis in selected Hospitals at Kollam
A study to assess the effectiveness of self instructional module on knowledge regarding home care management among patients undergoing hemodialysis in selected hospitals at Kollam.The objectives of the study were to:a) to assess knowledge regarding home care management among patients undergoing hemodialysis : b) to assess the effectiveness of self instructional module regarding home care management among patients undergoing hemodialysis: c) to find out the association between knowledge regarding home care management and selected demographic variables.A Pre Experimental one group pretest posttest design was adopted for the study.Purposive sampling was used.Sample size was30.The investigator used self instructional module for assessing knowledge regarding home care management among patients.Afterconducting the pretest self instructional module was introduced to the patients.Posttest was conducted using the same research tool.The collected data were analyzed by using descriptive and inferential statistics.The result of pretest shows that 10% of hemodialysis patients had poor knowledge and 60% had average knowledge and 30% had good knowledge. After providing self instructional module the result of posttest shows that among the samples 10% of patients attained average knowledge, 63.33% got good knowledge and 26.67% had excellent knowledge. It was analyzed that there is significant improvement in posttest knowledge scores. There was no association between knowledge and selected demographic variables; age, sex, education, and frequency of dialysis. But occupation showed significant association with knowledge. The findings of the study suggests that self instructional module is effective in increasing the knowledge of patients undergoing hemodialysis.
Study, Assess, Knowledge, Home Care Management.
- Couser WG, Remuzzi G, Mendis S, Tonelli M. The contribution of chronic kidney disease to the global burden ofmajor noncommunicable diseases KidneyInt.Dec2011; 80(12): 1258-1270. Available from: https://www.kidney.org.
- K. Srinivassan.A descriptive study to assess the knowledge on dietary management among chronic renal failure patients undergoing hemodialysis at selected hospitals, kanchipuram. IJNER [abstract].2014; 2(3):406-09. Available from: ijneronline.com/HTML paper.
- SanjitaAcharyapandey.Knowledge regarding care of av fistula among hemodialysis patients in Nepal.J Nurs Care[abstract]. 2014[cited 2015 oct 05]. Available from https: //www.omicsonline.org/proceedings/knowledge-regarding-care-of-av-fistula-among-hemodialysis-patients-in-nepal-37212.html.
- SoulmazAtashpeikar, Tahereh Jalilazar, Mehdi Heidarzadeh.self care ability in hemodialysis patients. JCS [abstract].2011[cited 2012 may];31-5. Available from: https: //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25276673.
- ShashikumarJawadagi.A study to assess the knowledge and practices of dietary regulations in chronic renal failure patients undergoing hemodialysis at K. L. E’S Hospital and MRC Belgaum”.IOSR.JNHS.3 (1):36-45.Available from www.iosrjournals.org.
- Natalia Ramos Costa Pessoa, Fransica Marcia Pereira Linhares.Hemodialysis patients with arteriovenousfistula: knowledge, attitude and practice.sciELO.2015; 19 (1).Available from: www.redalyc.org/html.
- Tukaram Zagade, AmolPatil. Effectivenessofself instructional module on knowledge regarding prevention of microvascular and macrovascular complications among patients with diabetes mellitus. IOSR [abstract].2012[cited 2014 may]; 3:358.Available from: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org.
- NeelimaChoure, HarishK. Chandrawanshi, Mithun S. Rajput. The effectiveness of self instructional module on cardiac rehabilitation. IJNS [abstract].2014[cited 2015 sep];2(3):317-23. Available from: https://www.sciencedirect.com.
- GhuleBalasahebLaxman.Study of assessment of cataract awareness in rural population in India. IJBAMR [abstract] .2014; 4(1):307-14.Available from: www.ijbamr.com.
- Lydia Geevargheese, Dr. Jayalakshmi n. Effectiveness of self instructional module on knowledge and practices among caregivers on home care management of patients in hemodialysis.International Journal of Recent Scientific Research [abstract]. 2016; 7 (6): 11492-97. Available from: www.recentscientific.com.
- RaghunadhanSingh, Deepak Kumar. Effectiveness of self instructional module (SIM) on knowledge regarding home care management among patients with chronic renal failure undergoing hemodialysis at selected hospitals of Punjab.Semantic scholar[abstract]. 2016. Available from:https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org.
- LincemonThomas, Fatima D Silva. Effectiveness of a Nurse Led programme regarding self care management among hemodialysis patients. IJNHS [abstract]. 2015;5 (6). Available from: https://scholar.google.co.in.
- Rashmi P John.A study to assess the effectiveness of self instructional module on self care among chronic renal failure patients recieving hemodialysis. IJNHS [abstract]2016; 2(6). Available from: www.internationaljournalssrg.org.
Abstract Views: 5
PDF Views: 0