Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Assessing the Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Service Performance in Mediating Effect of Brand Equity with Reference to Banks in India
In competitive global scenario banks are very keen in branding their corporate social responsibility to enhance their service performance to compete effectively. This study was carried out to explore and assess the impact of corporate social responsibility on service performance in banking sector through reputation. To measure the corporate social responsibility, Maignan and Ferrell (2004) CSR scale, for the service performance the SERVPERF Model Parasoarman (1985), and for brand equity the brand equity (BI) index, developed by Aaker (1991) were used. The simple random sampling technique was used to collect the data from 617 banking customers. Structural Equation Modelling was used to measure the impact of corporate social responsibility on service performance through brand equity. The findings of the study indicates that CSR initiatives were linked to stronger service performance of the bank which ends stronger brand performance with the bank
CSR, Brand Equity, Service Performance, Bank.
- Aaker, D. A., and Equity, M. B. (1991). Capitalizing on the Value of a Brand Name. New York.
- Abdolvand, M., and Charsetad, P. (2013). Corporate social responsibility and brand equity in industrial marketing. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 3(9), 273.
- Aishathnareeman, Zubair Hassan (2013) Customer Perceived Practices of CSR on Improving Customer Satisfaction And Loyalty, IJABM Vol 1 April 2013
- Alam, N., and Rubel, A. K. (2014). Impacts of Corporate Social Responsibility on Customer Satisfaction in Telecom Industry of Bangladesh. ABC Journal of Advanced Research, 3(2), 26-37.
- Brown, T. J., and Dacin, P. A. (1997). The company and the product: Corporate associations and consumer product responses. The Journal of Marketing, 68-84.
- Blankson, C. and Kalafatis, S.P. (1999), “Issues and challenges in the positioning of service brands: a review”, The Journal of Product and Brand Management, Vol. 8 No. 2, pp. 106-18.
- Chin, W. W., and Gopal, A. (1995). Adoption intention in GSS: relative importance of beliefs. ACM SigMIS Database, 26(2-3), 42-64
- Chung, K. H., Yu, J. E., Choi, M. G., and Shin, J. I. (2015). The effects of CSR on customer satisfaction and loyalty in China: The moderating role of corporate image. Journal of Economics, Business and Management, 3(5), 542-547.
- Consumers’ responses to CSR activities: The linkage between increased awareness and purchase intention Ki-Hoon Leea, Dongyoung Shinb
- Elias G. Rizkallah, ournal of Business and Economics (2012) Brand-Consumer Relationship and Corporate Social Responsibility: Myth or Reality and Do Consumers Really Care? Research – June 2012 Volume 10, Number 6
- Fornell, C., and Larcker, D. F. (1981). Structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error: Algebra and statistics. Journal of marketing research, 382-388.
- Hoeffler, S., and Keller, K. L. (2002). Building brand equity through corporate societal marketing. Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, 21(1), 78-89.
- Hugo Van Den Berg, Lina Lidfors (2012) the Effect of Perceived CSR on Customer Loyalty an Empirical Study into Consumer Behavior on the Swedish Chocolate Market.
- Ibrahim, O., Samsi, S. Z. M., and Ahmad, M. F. (2010). Halal Business Corporate Social Responsibility. International University Social Responsibility Conference and Exhibition.
- Image Ki-Han Chung, Ji-Eun Yu, Myeong-Guk Choi, And Jae-Ik Shin(2015) The Effects of CSR on Customer Satisfaction And Loyalty In China: The Moderating Role of Corporate Journal of Economics, Business And Management, Vol. 3, No. 5, May 2015
- Iman Azizia1, Fatemeh Saaghib And Salimeh Aghoobi Sardoindian J (2014) The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Consumer Satisfaction (A Case Study: Car Industry In Shiraz.Sci.Res. 7 (1): 163-168, 2014 ISSN: 0976-2876 (Print)
- Kayaman, R., and Arasli, H. (2007). Customer based brand equity: evidence from the hotel industry. Managing Service Quality: An International Journal, 17(1), 92-109.
- Linking CSR and Financial Performance through Branding Mohammad M. Rahman,
- Luo, X., and Bhattacharya, C. B. (2006). Corporate social responsibility, customer satisfaction, and market value. Journal of marketing, 70(4), 1-18.
- Maignan, I., and Ferrell, O. C. (2004). Corporate social responsibility and marketing: An integrative framework. Journal of the Academy of Marketing science, 32(1), 3-19.
- Mcdonald, Lynette M. And Rundle-Thiele, Sharyn R. (2008) Corporate Social Responsibility And Bank Customer Satisfaction: A Research Agenda. International Journal Of Bank Marketing, 26 (3). Pp. 170-182. ISSN 0265-2323 Http://Eprints.Usq.Edu.Au
- Mohammadali AbdolvandParvaneh Charsetad (2013) Corporate Social Responsibility and Brand Equity in Industrial Marketing International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences September 2013, Vol. 3, No. 9 ISSN: 2222-6990
- Nareeman, A., and Hassan, Z. (2013). Customer Perceived Practice of CSR on Improving Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty. International Journal of Accounting and Business Management, 1(1), 30-49.
- Naznin Alam, and Ahsan Kabir Rubel (2014) Impacts of Corporate Social Responsibility on Customer Satisfaction In Telecom Industry of Bangladesh ABC Journal of Advanced Research, Volume 3, No 2 (2014) ISSN 2304-2621(P); 2312-203X (E) ISSN: 2250-0138(Online)
- Nunnally, J. (1978). C. (1978). Psychometric theory.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., and Berry, L. L. (1985). A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research. the Journal of Marketing, 41-50.
- Sen, S., and Bhattacharya, C. B. (2001). Does doing well always lead to doing better? Consumer reactions to corporate social responsibility. Journal of marketing Research, 38(2), 225-243.
- Senthikumar1, A. Ananth And A. Arulraj(2011) Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility On Customer Satisfaction In Banking Service N African Journal of Business Management Vol.5 (7), Pp. 3028-3039, 4 April 2011 Available Online At DOI: 10.5897/AJBM10.1678 ISSN 1993-8233 ©2011 Academic Journals
- Simoes, D. and Dibb, S. (2001), “Rethinking the brand concept: new brand orientation”, Corporate Communications, Vol. 6 No. 4, pp. 217-24
- Wael Hassan El-Garaihy Abdel-Kader Mohamed Mobarak2 and Sami Abdullah Albahussain (2014) Measuring The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility Practices On Competitive Advantage: A Mediation Role of Reputation And Customer Satisfaction International Journal of Business And Management; Vol. 9, No. 5; 2014 ISSN 1833-3850 E-ISSN 1833-8119 Published By Canadian Center of Science And Education
Abstract Views: 44
PDF Views: 0