Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Performance Management in MNC's-A Study on Aker Solutions, a Multinational Corporation, Kakinada
In the era of globalization where most of the companies are MNC’s that deals with various countries and with various sets of people culture and beliefs identifies the most important aspect of human resource management that is performance management which acts as a set of practices through which work is defined, reviewed and rewarded, and employee‘s capabilities are developed. In these global dealings Performance management enables a business to define strategic goals, also measure and manage performance against those goals. Thus Performance management is a set of integrated, closed-loop management and analytical processes, supported by technology, that address financial as well as operational activities. The present study emphasizes the policies and practices adopted for effective performance management in Aker Solutions, and to examine the appropriate methods and strategies to develop the individual and organizational performance.
Globalization, MNC’s, Performance Management, Technology Etc.
- S.K. Bhatia (2006) Human Resource Management a competitive advantage, concepts, strategies and challenges. Deep and Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd. India.
- Mohram AM and Mohram SA (1995) Performance Management is ―running the business‖; compensation and Benefits Review Julyaugust, pp-69-75.
- Parcell J et al (2003) Understanding the people and Performance Link; Unlocking the black box, CIPD, London.
- Armstrong, M and Baron, A (1998) Performance Management: The new realities, Institute of Personnel and Development, London.
- Cokins, Gary, Performance Management: Integrating Strategy Execution, Methodologies, Risk, and Analytics. 2009.
- Koen Dewettinck Employee performance management systems in Belgian organizations: purpose, contextual dependence and effectiveness European J. of International Management 2008 – Vol. 2, No.2 pp. 192 – 207.
- K. Ravichandran, DJE Ravithlingam, (2007), Transformation of the PA system, the Changing Scenario, HRM Review, February.
- Smitha Guptha, (2006), Effective Performance Management, HRM Review, November.
- Kamensky, J. M. (2006), ―Successful Performance Management, The Business of Government: IBM Center for the Business of Government, Washington DC.
- Dr. Richard. L. Williams, (2006), Does Your Puppy Wet on The Floor? Five Elements of Performance Management, www.ezinearticles.com.
- Paolo Taticchi, Kashi R. Balachandran, (2008) ―Forward performance measurement and management integrated frameworks, International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Vol. 16 Iss: 2, pp. 140 – 154.
- Tapmoy Deb, (2006) ―Linking Performance Management to Reward System Strategy for Corporate Success, HRM reviews, December.
- Briscoe, R.D. and Schuler, R.S. (2004), International Human Resource Management. Second Edition. Policy and practice for the global enterprise. London and New York: Routledge.
- Dowling, Welch and Schuler, (1999), International Human Resource Management – A set of Policies and Practices in MNC‘s Routledge Publications, New York.
Abstract Views: 28
PDF Views: 0