Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Key Aspect of HR System with Special Reference to Service Sector of India
Services Sector Growth Rate in India GDP has been very rapid in the last few years. The Service Sector contributes the most to the Indian GDP. The Growth Rate of the Services Sector in India GDP has risen due to several reasons and it has also given a major boost to the Indian economy. The Indian economy is the second fastest major growing economy in the whole world with the growing rate of the GDP at 7.4% in 2014-15 based on new method. The economy of India is the tenth biggest in the world for it has the GDP of US$ 2.1 trillion in 2014-15. India was the 19th-largest merchandise and the 6th largest services exporter in the world in 2013 and it provides employment to around 64.8% of the total workforce in the country in 2013. The various sectors under the Services Sector in India are construction, trade, hotels, transport, restaurant, communication and storage, social and personal services, community, insurance, financing, business services, and real estate. In this paper the key aspect of HR system in service sector is discussed in a comparison to other sectors. In Service sector HR managers have to manage all the challenges that they would face from recruiting employees, to train them, and then developing strategies for retaining them and building up an effective career management system for them. The management has to recognize the important role of Human Resource Department in order to successfully steer organizations towards profitability. It is necessary for the management to invest considerable time and amount, to learn the changing scenario of the HR department in the 21st century. In order to survive the competition and be in the race, HR department should consciously update itself with the transformation in HR and be aware of the HR issues cropping up. With high attrition rates, poaching strategies of competitors, there is a huge shortage of skilled employees and hence, a company’s HR activities play a vital role in combating this crisis. Suitable HR policies that would lead to the achievement of the Organization as well as the individual’s goals should be formulated.
GDP, Service Sector, Indian Economy, Professional Approach, Career Management.
- Emerging issues in Human Resource Management by Pramod Vernia Pulblish and IBH public (p) Ltd
- Khanka S.S., Human Resource Management, ISBN: 9788121923002 Publisher: S. Chand and Co Ltd Year of publishing: 2007 Pg.- 72-87
- Prasad L.M., Human Resource Management, Sultan Chand and Sons, 2007 ISBN)NBSI( 8180543234, 9788180543234 Pg14-23
- Ashwathppa K. , Human Resource Management, Pg-47-53
- Management trends Vol.2.No.2.April2005- Sept. 2005.
- HR has to Challenge the Challenges, HRDNews Letter Jan’09Vol.24.iss.10 p.22
- Society for Human Resource Management. (2011). advancing sustainability: HR’s role: A research report by HRM, BSR. And Aurosoorya. Alexandria, VA: SHRM.
- http://www.articlesbase.com/human-resources-articles/emerging-trends-in-hrm 1282468.html#ixzz10ijW04bd
Abstract Views: 26
PDF Views: 0