Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Customer Satisfaction Towards Mobile Service Provider:An Empirical Study in Pokhara, Nepal
Customer satisfaction has been identified as critical success factors in any business organization. One of the key challenges confronting the telecommunication companies is how they manage their service and amplify quality, which holds a prodigious importance to customer satisfaction. The cross sectional study was carried out to empirically measure customer satisfaction with mobile service providers in Pokhara city, Nepal with the objective to identify the most preferential and problematic attributes together with satisfaction level toward various service offered by service provider. Systematic Random sampling method was employed with the sample size of 206, where the data used for the study were obtained by using a structured survey questionnaire, which was constructed using 5 point Likert- scale. The data obtained from survey were analyzed (percentage, chi-square, correlation, ANOVA, ranking) using SPSS version 21. The survey was conducted and restricted to the subscribers using the two major GSM mobile service operators i.e. NTC and Ncell. The research was able to conclude call tariff followed by good network as most inducing factor for choosing MSP, while network congestion was the major problematic factor. The study also highlights that there exist association between demographic factors and customer satisfaction. Strong correlation was found between customer satisfaction and service providers variables except tariff of service. The study also highlights that majority of the respondent were satisfied with their service provider. The finding derived from the study will be helpful for mobile phone service providers in developing vigorous strategy for sustaining in the market by attaining competitive edge.
Customer Satisfaction, Mobile Service Provider, Pokhara, Call Tariff, Network Congestion.
- Chaterjee, D. and Chaudhari, I. (2010).A study of Market Share and factor affecting the choice of cellular service provider among young age group of Kolkata.IUP Journal of Marketing Management, 9(3): 41-56
- Chan-Olmsted, S. and Jamison, M. (2001). Rivalry through alliances: Competitive strategy in the global telecommunications market. EMJ, 19(3): 317-331
- Chaudhari, M.A. and Ambekar, S.A. (2013). Customer preferences towards various mobile service providers. ASM’s International E-Journal of Ongoing Research in Management and IT: 1-10
- Churchill, G.A. and Surprenant, C. (1982).An investigation into the determinants of customer satisfaction. Journal of Management Review, 19(4): 491-504
- Egena, O. (2013). Customer satisfaction in mobile telephony: An analysis of major telecommunication service providers in Nigeria. Asian Journal of Management Research, 4(1): 1-11
- Grigoroudis, E. and Siskos, Y. (2004).A survey of customer satisfaction barometers: Some results from the transportation-communication sector. European Journal of Operational Research, 152(2): 334-353.
- Hossian, M.M. and Suchy, N.J. (2013). Influence of customer satisfaction on loyalty: A study on mobile telecommunication industry. Journal of Social Sciences, 9(2): 73-80.
- Melody, W.H. (2003). Policy implications of the new information economy: An institutional analysis and economic policy. Springer US: 411-432
- Nimako, S.G. and Azumah, F.K. (2009).An assessment and analysis of customer satisfaction with service delivery of mobile telecommunication networks in Ghana. Available from: http://epubl.ltu.se/30B86285-72A7-4D2A-83BF C9CCDA595F45/Final Download /DownloadId-6FF97CC759562517F92818AA53B147D0/30B86285-72A7-4D2A-83BFC9CCDA59 5F45/1653-0187/2009/037/LTU-PB-EX-09037-SE.pdf.
- Oliver, R.L. (2010).Satisfaction: A behavioral perspective on the consumer (2nded.). M.E. Sharpe, Inc. New York.
- Palaniappan, G. and Sengottaiyan, A. (2015).Customer perception towards mobile services- A case study of BSNL in Bhavani town. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2(4): 473
- Pandia, D.K., Kumar, B. and Choudhury, M.H. (2014).A study of customer satisfaction on telecom service providers. Indian Journal of Research, 3(5): 57-60.
- Paulrajan, R. and Rajkumar, H. (2011).Service quality and customer preference of cellular mobile service providers. JTMI, 6(1): 38-45
- Simsim, M.T. (2009).Mobile phone services in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. WASET, 58:432-35
- Shah, C. (2012).Consumer preferences for mobile service providers: An empirical study in Bardoli. International Journal of Management and Technology, 2(8): 1-20
- Sivasubramanian, M. (2014).Service quality and its impact on customer satisfaction towards mobile sector of Tamil Nadu. Asia Pacific Journal of Research, 1(17): 139-147
- Zainurin, B.D., Muhammad, S.R. and Ferodous, A.S.M. (2011). Customer satisfaction with Mobile phone operators: An exploratory study in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. International Journal of Management, 41(4): 39-47
Abstract Views: 55
PDF Views: 0