Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Viewers’ Understanding of the Marketing Communication Through Media Advertisements of FMCG Brands and its Impact on Buying Behaviour
Media advertisements are the major source of disseminating information regarding quality, product features, etc. to the consumers and thus posses a high level of brand awareness followed by a standardized decision making capacity. With the basis on a suitable impact index, this study aims to observe the communication content that the advertisers wish to project through the advertisements and the level of understanding of the viewers of a small district in India towards the communication content shown in media advertisements of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) brands. First objective reveals that the advertising agencies maintain enough space while designing an advertisement in order to communicate the message to the viewers. An equal balance of the criteria’s like; advertising appeals, communication content and frequency results in a more attractive, entertaining and informative advertisement creating an optimistic attitude among the viewers’ towards the advertised brand. The second objective shows that, there exists a fair impact of marketing communication through media advertisements on the viewers. The results of third objective reveals that, there doesn’t exists a significant difference in the contribution of the communication content through media advertisements of the selected FMCG brands on the buying behaviour of the urban-rural matrix.
Television, Advertisements, Creative Advertising Agencies, FMCG, Brand Equity.
- Ahmad, T. The Impulse Buying Behavior of Consumers for the FMCG Products in Jodhpur. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 5(11); 2011: 1704-1710. Available at http://ajbasweb.com/old/ajbas/2011/November-2011/17041710.pdf.
- Dad, A M. Interactive Communication Channels and their Appropriateness for the FMCG Business. International Journal of Business and Social Science. Vol. 3; No. 17; September 2012: 242-257. Available at http://www.ijbssnet.com/journals/ Vol_3_No_17_September_2012/28.pdf.
- Pongiannan, K and Chinnasamy, J. Do Advertisements for Fast Moving Consumer Goods Create Response among the Consumers?- An Analytical Assessment with Reference to India. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology. Vol. 5; No. 4; August 2014: 249-254. Available at http://www.ijimt.org/papers/522-K035.pdf.
- Cheng, H and Kim, KK. Research on advertising in Asia: a critical analysis of the articles published in major advertising and communication journals, 1990-2009. Asian Journal of Communication. Vol. 20; No. 2; June 2010: 248-263. Available at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01292981003693427
- Rehman, S U and Ibrahim, M S. Integrated Marketing Communication and Promotion. Journal of Arts, Science and Commerce. Vol. II; Issue. 4; October 2011: 187-191. Available at http://www.researchersworld.com/vol2/issue4/Paper_21.pdf.
- Adzharuddin, N A. Marketing Communication through the Integration of New Media and Traditional Media: The Insights. The Public Administration and Social Policies Review. IV Year; No. 1 (8); June 2012: 17-29. Available at http://revad.uvvg.ro/files/nr8/2.%20addzharudin.pdf.
- Saeed, R. et al. Integrated Marketing Communication: A Review Paper. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business. Vol. 5; No. 5; September 2013: 124-133. Available at http://journal-archieves35.webs.com/124-133.pdf.
- Brunello, A. The Relationship between Integrated Marketing Communication and Brand Equity. International Journal of Communication Research. Volume. 3; Issue. 1; January / March 2013: 9-14. Available at http://www.ijcr.eu/articole/110_Pagini %2009-14%20Brunello%20IJCR%201-2013.pdf.
- Rawal, P. AIDA Marketing Communication Model: Stimulating a purchase decision in the minds of the consumers through a linear progression of steps. IRC’s International Journal of Multidisciplinary research in Social and Management Sciences. Volume. 1; Issue. 1; Jan-March 2013: 37-44. Available at http://ircjournals.org/vol1/37-44.pdf.
- Khadir, F. Marketing and its impact on vulnerable consumer groups like children, adolescents etc. International Marketing Conference on Marketing and Society. IIMK; 8-10 April 2007: 433-441. Available at http://dspace.iimk.ac.in/bitstream/handle/123456789/633/433-441.pdf?sequence=1and is Allowed=y.
- Bashir, A and Malik, N I. Effects of Advertisement on Consumer Behavior of University Students. Proceedings 2nd CBRC, Lahore, Pakistan. 14 November; 2009. Available at http://ciitlahore.edu.pk/pl/abrc/Proceedings/All%20papers/EFFECTS%20OF%20ADVERTISEMENT%20ON%20CONSUMER%20BEHAVIOR%20OF%20UNIVERSITY%20(Najma%20Malik).pdf.
- Jain, V. et al. How Celebrities are used in Indian Television Commercials. Vikalpa. Volume. 35; No. 4; October – December 2010: 45-52. Available at http://www.vikalpa.com/pdf/articles/ 2010/Vik354-04-ResVJain.pdf.
- Colaco, H R, Melo, F R and Tiwari, A K. Customers’ Attitude towards Advertisement in Goa: An Analytical Study. A Refereed Quarterly Journal. Vol. 4; Issue. 1; January2011: 94-104. Available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/268701451_Customers'_Attitude_Towards_Advertisement_in_Goa_An_Analytical_Study.
- Rahman, M N. Impact of Advertisement: An Empirical Study of FMCG Products in KSA. Asian Journal of Multidimensional Research. Vol. 1; Issue. 4; September 2012: 1-15. Available at http://www.tarj.in/images/download/ajmr/AJMR%20SEPTEMBER_September%202012%20PAPERS%20PDF/AJMR%20SEPTEMBER%202012%20PAPERS%20PDF/9.1,%20Dr.%20Mohammad%20Naquibur%20Rahman.pdf.
- Singh, B. Impact of Advertisement on the Brand Preference of Aerated Drinks. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Management Review. Vol. 2; (2); February 2012: 147-160. Available at http://indianresearchjournals.com/pdf/APJMMR/2013/February/13.pdf.
- Dash, S K and Sabat, D R. The impact of Celebrity endorsed TV commercials on demographic dynamics of attitude: An Indian context. International Journal of Research in Management and Technology (IJRMT). Vol. 2; No. 2; April 2012: 192 – 204. Available at http://www.iracst.org/ijrmt/papers/Vol2no22012/11vol2no2.pdf.
- Bishnoi, V K and Sharma, R. The Impact of TV Advertising on Buying Behaviour: A Comparative Study of Urban and Rural Teenagers. JK Journal of Management and Technology. Volume. 1; Number. 1; 2009: 65-76. Available at http://www.mimts.org/JK%20Journal%20of%20Management%20 and %20Technology/4-THEIMP~1.PDF.
- Velayudhan, S K. Differences in Perception of Value between Urban and Rural Consumers. Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, Working Paper. 118; Mktg; 04 February 2013: 2-13. Available at https://www.iimk.ac.in/websiteadmin/FacultyPublications/Working Papers/118abs.pdf?t=14.
- Anilkumar, N S and Joseph, J. A Contrasting Evaluation Of Consumer Purchase Attitude-Behavior Of Urban-Rural Working Women Consumers Towards White-Brown Durables. A Study With Specific Relevance to Kochi, Kerala. Journal of Global Economics. Volume. 3; Issue. 2; 2015: 1-8. Available at http://www.esciencecentral.org/journals/a-contrasting-evaluation-of-consumer-purchase-attitudebehavior-of-urbanrural-working-women-consumers-towards-whitebrown-durables-a-study-with-specific-relevance-to-kochi-kerala-2375-4389-1000142.pdf.
- Singh, J. A Comparison of Rural and Urban Buying of Consumer Durables. Global Journal of Management and Business Research. Volume. 11; Issue. 5; Version. 1; April 2011: 63-79. Available at http://globaljournals.org/GJMBR_Volume11/10-A-Comparison-Of-Rural-And-Urban-Buying-Of-Consumer-Durables.pdf.
- George, D. A Study on the satisfaction level of Autorikshow Passengers with special reference to Thrissur Town. Mirror. Vol. 2; Issue 1; 2012: 77-86.
- Bharadwaj, SG. Brand Preferences of Consumers on Health Supplements with special reference to Tinsukia, Dibrugarh and Sivasagar Districts. M.Phil dissertation; Dibrugarh University; 2013: 23-24.
- Islam, SS. Impact of Tourism on the Socio-Economic environment: Case studies of Kohora and Bagori ranges under the Kaziranga National Park. PhD. Thesis; Dibrugarh University; 2015: 70-71.
- Bryant, BE and Fornell, C. American Customer Satisfaction Index, Methodology Report. April 2005.
Abstract Views: 32
PDF Views: 0