Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Accounting Information and Share Price Movements in SENSEX–A Special Reference to Automobile Industry
The study has been carried out to analyse the impact of accounting variables on share price behaviour of SENSEX with reference to automobile industry. Four automobile companies namely Hero Motocorp Ltd. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. and Tata Motors Ltd. Included in SENSEX are selected. The study has been made for twelve years from 2004-05 to 2015-16. Nine accounting variables are selected for the study to study impact on share price return on selected companies. The researcher applied ratio analysis as financial tool and descriptive statistics, correlation and regression analysis as statistical tools. The results of ANOVA revealed that the model considered for the study is statistically fit and the entire nine variables explained the share price behaviour to the extent of 42.8 percent. The study found that the variables, Dividend Growth Rate, Operating Profit Ratio, Earning per Share and Book Value per Share had significant positive impact on share price behaviour of selected automobile companies in India. The variable, dividend per share had significant negative impact on share price behaviour of the sample companies. Other variables namely Size of the Firm, Assets Growth Rate and Price Earnings Ratio did not have significant impact on share price behaviour of selected automobile companies in India.
Return, Sensex, Accounting, Operating Profit, Automobile.
- Abdel Razaq Mohmmad Said Al Farah, Mohammad Odeh almeri and Mohammad Musa Shanikat. The Accounting Variable Ability in Explaining the volatility of Stock Price Amman stock Exchange. Journal and Business and Management, 6(5); 2014: 216-223.
- Hamid Reza Vakilitard and Malektaj Oskousi. The Risk of firm Performance Evidence from automobile companies listed in turban stock exchange. Journal of scientist. 19(6); 2014: 740-746.
- Junlie Wang, Gang Fu and Chao Luo. Accounting Information and Stock Price Reaction of listed companies empirical evidence from 60 listed companies in shanghai stock exchange, journal of business and management. 2(2); 2013: 11-21.
- Khurram Shehzed and Aisha Ismail. Value Relevance of Accounting Information and its impact on stock price case study of listed banks at Karachi stock exchange, Journal of economic info. 3(1); 2014: 40-48.
- Michalis Glezakos, John Mylonakis and Charalampos Katouros. The Impact of Accounting Information of Stock Price Evidence from the Athens Stock Exchange International, Journal of economics and finance. 4(2); 2012: 56-68.
- Sujeewa Kodithuwkku. Impact of firm Specific Factors on the Stock Prices a case study on listed manufacture in Colombo stock exchange, International l journal for research in business, management and accounting. 2(3); 2016: 67-76.
- Okuns Mokhoje Omokhudu and Peter Okoeguale Ibadin. The Value Relevance of Accounting Information Evidence from Nigeria. Journal of accounting and finance research. 4(3); 2015: 20-30.
- Udayan s Kachchhy, Bhavik u Swadia and Shailja c Tiwari. Accounting Information and Stock Price Reaction of listed companies-empirical evidence from all listed companies from NSE in oil and gas sector. International Journal of Research and Development in Technology and Management Science- Kailash. 21(5); 2014: 190-199.
Abstract Views: 30
PDF Views: 0