An Analysis on Relevance of Internet as a Marketing Tool for the Promotion of Goods and Services in India
The development of the internet is one of the biggest technology trends right now. It promises to bring the connectivity of the Internet into every facet of our lives, making our devices and homes smarter and more efficient. The internet of things promises to be a revolution on par with the original connectivity revolution that the internet has unleashed over the past twenty years. It has been expected that there will be 75 billion connected devices by 2020, meaning there will be ten times as many devices able to talk to one another as there will be people on the planet! The implications are huge and far ranging. All this sharing of data will transform the way we live our lives. Hence, internet marketing is increasingly becoming significant.
Internet over the past decade has modernized the manner in which certain businesses market their products and services. It offers the global reach of the consumer base to the marketers and that too in a number of unique ways. It aligns with the way consumers make purchasing decisions. Today increasing numbers of consumers use social media and research on mobile Internet to carry out preliminary product and price research before making final decisions. Internet marketing enables marketers to build relations with customers and prospects through regular, low-cost personalized communication, reflecting the move away from mass marketing.
The rationale behind the study is to investigate the significance of internet marketing for the promotion of goods and services in India. The paper will appraise that the application of internet in business is immense and largely positive. The research methodology is based on the secondary data which include compilation of research article of the experts in the field and the reflections of the essays and an article published in the websites. The approach of the study is exploratory in nature.
- Baker, Walter, Mike Marn, and Craig Zawada (2000). Pricing Smarter on the Net, Harvard Business Review, (February), 122127.
- Boone, L., 2011. Contemporary marketing. London: Cencage
- Edelman, D. C. (2010). Branding in the Digital Age.
- Goswami, S (2015). "A Study on the Online Branding Strategies of Indian Fashion Retail Stores". IUP Journal of Brand Management. 12 (1): 45–59.
- Howard, Caroline (2002). Winning the Net Game, Irvine, CA: Entrepreneur Press.
- Hoffman, D. L. (2000). The Revolution Will Not Be Televised: Introduction to the Special Issue on Marketing Science and the Internet. Marketing Science, 19(1), 1-3.
- Peppers, D., and Rogers, M. (1993). The One-To-One Future. Judy Piatkus (Publishers) Ltd.
- Quelch, John and Loisa Klein (1996). The Internet and International Marketing, Sloan Management Review Spring, 60-75.
- Yannopoulos, Peter(2011).Impact of the Internet on Marketing Strategy Formulation. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 18(2).
- http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/762ee52c7cea5535e613280de9267664?s=96 and d=mm and r=g
Abstract Views: 34
PDF Views: 0