Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
A Critical Review and Recommendations Over Product Designing Problems Faced by New Product Designers in Agriculture
Designers of Agricultural products have major playing roles to keep trying to uplift the agricultural sector dignity by producing innovative design insights. Product designers work alongside engineers and model makers to conduct research and device an accurate design proposal for projects. Agricultural excellence could be attained through technological advancement and innovation in design. The major implications of an innovative product development postures for the agricultural research organization and management along with the role of design function in innovation development. The appropriate agricultural technologies harmonize with the environment, maximize and minimize its benefit and harmful effects, respectively while requiring an intelligent balance of labour-intensive and capital-intensive parts of technologies. The intensive innovation activity nowadays in agricultural sector is becoming an essential part of development and considered as a major factor in the contribution to the production development and efficiency in the market economy. The shaping and advancing strategy of the innovation system is aimed at assimilating the novelties making it possible to launch new production technological structure and to ensure competitiveness of enterprises both domestically and internationally in markets. New product development in agricultural risk management using integrated approach should be made to crop insurance improvement so that farmers are drawn to adopt innovative technologies and designers are motivated to design new for no loss of uncertainties of future marketing.
Agriculture product designers, Designing issues, Design innovation
- Ashby, J.A. and Sperling, L. (1995). Institutionalizing Participatory, Client Driven Research and Technology Development in Agriculture. Development & Change, 26(4): 753-770.
- Bajuri, T. (2007). Design Innovation Towards Agricultural Excellence, International Conference on Engineering And Product Design Education, Northumbria University, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom.
- Breneman, A., Jesse and Yang, M. (2013). Design for MicroEnterprise: An Approach to Product Design for Emerging Markets. Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference. 5(25) https://doi.org/10.1115/DETC2013-12677.
- Clark, G., Kosoris, J., Hong, L.N. and Crul, M. (2009).Design for Sustainability: Current Trends in Sustainable Product Design and Development. Sustainability, 1 : 409-424.
- Golait, Ramesh (2007). Current issues in agriculture credit in India: An assessment. Reserve Bank of India Occasional Papers, 28(1): 79-99.
- Jiang, J., Xu, F., Zhen, X., Zhang, X., Wang, Y. and Zhang L. (2006). Axiomatic Design Using Ontology Modeling for Interoperability in Small Agriculture Machinery Product Development. In: Wang, K., Kovacs, G.L., Wozny, M., Fang, M. (eds) Knowledge Enterprise: Intelligent Strategies in Product Design, Manufacturing, and Management. PROLAMAT 2006. IFIP International Federation for Information Processing, 207: 184-191. Springer, Boston, MA
- Jensen, N. and Barrett, C. (2017). Agricultural Index Insurance for Development. Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, 39(2): 199–219, https://doi.org/10.1093/aepp/ppw022
- Klerkx, L., Bommel, S., Bos, B.. and Holster, H., Joyce, V.Z. and Aarts, N. (2012). Design process outputs as boundary objects in agricultural innovation projects: Functions and limitations. Agricultural Systems, 113 : 39-49.
- Kozhevnikova, T.M. (2013). Innovation Activity as a Major Factor in Development of Agriculture, Economical Sciences: GISAP3, pp: 30-33. Retrieved from file:///C:/Users/abc/ Downloads/gejm_2013_1_11.pdf.
- Makhura, M.N. (2008). Rethinking agricultural development finance in South Africa: Options for implementation, Agrekon, 47(1): 1-18.
- Mondal, A., Misra, I.S. and Bose, S. (2017). Building a low cost solution using wireless sensor network for agriculture application, International Conference on Innovations in Electronics, Signal Processing and Communication (IESC), Shillong, , pp. 61-65, doi: 10.1109/IESPC.2017.8071865.
- Odening, M. and Shen, Z. (2014 )C. hallenges of insuring weather risk in agriculture, Agricultural Finance Rev., 74(2): 188-199. https://doi.org/10.1108/AFR-11-2013-0039
- Sherwood, J., Clark, J.H., Farmer, T.J., Herrero-Davila, L. and Moity, L. (2017). Recirculation: A new concept to drive innovation in sustainable product design for bio-based products. Molecules, 22: 48.
- Singla, S. and Sagar, M. (2012)I.ntegrated risk management in agriculture: an inductive research. J. Risk Finance, 13 (3) : 199-214. https://doi.org/10.1108/15265941211229235
- Sumberg, J. and Reece, D. (2004) .Agricultural Research Through a ‘New Product Development’ Lens. Experimental Agriculture, 40(3): 295-314.
- Sumberg, J., Heirman, J., Raboanarielina, C. and Kaboré, A. (2013). From Agricultural Research to ‘Product Development’: What Role for User Feedback and Feedback Loops? Outlook Agric., 42(4): 233-242.
- Tabile, R., Godoy, A. Eduardo, P., Robson, P., Tangerino, R. D, Giovana, T., Porto, A. J. V. and Inamasu, Ricardo Y. (2011). Design and development of the architecture of an agricultural mobile robot. Engenharia Agrícola, 31(1): 130-142. https://doi.org/10.1590/S0100-69162011000100013
- Xuan, F.Z. and Sriram, R.D. (2006). Platform-based product design and development: A knowledge-intensive support approach. Knowledge-Based Systems, 19(7): 524-543.
- Zhu, Y., Li, S., Liu, S. and Yue, E. (2011). Design of AgentBased Agricultural Product Quality Control System. In: Li D., Liu Y., Chen Y. (eds) Computer and Computing Technologies in Agriculture IV. CCTA 2010. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, 344: 476-486 Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
Abstract Views: 1
PDF Views: 0