Optimum Design of Steel Space Frames Including Soil-Structure Interaction
Optimization is an act of obtaining the best result under given circumstances. In design, construction, and maintenance of any engineering system, engineers have to take many technological and managerial decisions at several stages. The ultimate goal of all such decisions is either to minimize the effort required or to maximize the desired benefit. This research will present an analytical investigation on optimum design of steel frame including soil-structure interaction.
A 7 storied steel frame of height 21m is considered for the work. The aim of this study is to investigate the behavior of soil structure interaction on the steel frame. To include the soil structure interaction, four different types of soil are considered. Finally, a comparative study is done for the structures with and without considering soil structure interaction.
- A. Csebfalvi, “Optimal design of frame structures with semi-rigid joints,” Civil Engineering, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 9-15, 2007.
- I. Aydogdu, and M. P. Saka, “Ant colony optimization of irregular steel frames including elemental warping effect,” Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 150-169, 2012.
- A. T. Daloglu, M. Artar, K. Özgan, and A. İ. Karakas, “Optimum design of steel space frames including soil-structure interaction,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 117-131, 2016.
- A. Daloglu, and M. Armutcu, “Optimum design of plane steel frames using genetic algorithm,” Teknik Dergi, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 1601-1615, 1998.
- A. Daloglu, and Z. Aydın, “Optimum design of trusses for practical applications,” Pamukkale University Engineering College, J EngSci, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 951-957, 1999.
- S. O. Degertekin, M. Ulker, and M. S. Hayalioglu, “Optimum design of steel space frames using tabu search and genetic algorithm,” TeknikDergi, vol. 259, pp. 3917-3934, 2006.
- S. S. Rao, Engineering Optimization Theory and Practice, 4th ed., 2009.
- E. Dogan, “Optimum design of rigid and semi-rigid steel sway frames including soil-structure interaction,” 2010.
- G. Lalitha, K. Suresh, and K. V. B. Reddy, “Optimum design of steel moment resisting frames subjected to seismic excitation,” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 5580-5584, October 2013.
- J. A. García, “Soil structure interaction in the analysis and seismic design of reinforced concrete frame buildings,” The 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 12-17 October 2008, Beijing, China, 2008.
- G. Jones, Analysis of Beam on Elastic Foundation, 1997.
- A. P. S. Selvadurai, Elastic Analysis of Soil Foundation Interaction, vol. 17, 1979.
- IS 1893-2002 Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures.
- IS 800-2007, General Construction in Steel - Code of Practice.
Abstract Views: 195
PDF Views: 0