Open Access Subscription Access
Urban Tourism in India - a Study
Cities are continually evolving in response to political, economic and technological changes; large cities are arguably the most important type of tourist destinations across the world. Urban tourism is an important form of tourism at present time. Urban tourism is developing very rapidly in major cities of the western hemisphere and in India too. Some cities like Delhi, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, Mysore are having huge urban tourism potential in India. Combining a rich tourist potential with an important material basis of accommodation, food, entertainment and transportation, medical, educational, shopping, numerous facilities for business and services of good quality and quantity, the city/urban area offers best conditions for conducting tourism, which is true confluence on the combination of national and international tourist flows.
- Ashwort G. and Page S. (2011), ‘Urban Tourism Research: Recent Progress and Current Paradoxes’, Tourism Management, Elsevier, [Electronic], Volume 32, Issue 1, pp. 1-15.
- Buhalis D. (2001), ‘Urban Tourism: An “overview” perspective’, International Journal of Tourism Research, pp. 377-79, United Kingdom.
- Guilder, Charles R. and Ritchie, J. R. Brent. Tourism: Principles, Practices and Philosophies, 11th ed. John Wiley and Sons, 2009. London.
- B. S. Badan and Harish Bhatt, Urban Tourism, Commonwealth Publishers, New Delhi, 2007.
- Allwinkle, S. J. and Speed, C. (1996) Tourism and Cultural Cities: A Sustainable Perspective. In M. Robinson and P. Callaghan (eds) Tourism and Culture. Sunderland: Business Education Publishers
- Ashworth, G. J. and Voogd, H. (1990) Selling the City: Marketing Approaches in Public Sector Urban Planning. London: Belhaven.
- Kotler, Philip. Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism, 4thed. New Delhi: Pearson Education India, 2008.
- Ram B. Bhagat, World Migration Report 2015 - Urban Migration Trends, Challenges and Opportunities in India, by International Organization for Migration (IOM).
- UNWTO, Global Report on City Tourism - Cities 2012 Project (AM Report nº six), World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), Madrid, Spain.
- Daniela Angelina Jelincic, Culture – A driving force for Urban Tourism-Application of Experiences to Countries in Transition, Culturlink joint Publications, Zagreb.
- Martin Selby, Understanding Urban Tourism: researching culture and experience, Liverpool John Moores University.
- Ruth CRAGGS, Tourism and Urban Regeneration: An Analysis of Visitor Perception, Behavior and Experience At The Quays in Salford, 2008.
- Murgoci Cristiana Stefania, Busuioc Marian Florin and Andrei Ruxandra Daniela, Urban Tourism – Form of Tourism with Real Economic Development Perspective for Cities, Romanian American University.
- Popescu R. I. and Corbos R. A, The Role of Urban Tourism in the Strategical Development of Brasov Area, 2010.
- WTTC – Travel & Tourism Economic Impact 2015.
- MOT, India Tourism Statistics at a Glance 2014.
- UN, World Urbanization Prospects 2014.
- http://community.eldis.org/.59b6a372/Trends and Patterns of Internal Migration in India 1971-2001.pdf
Abstract Views: 489
PDF Views: 66