Open Access Subscription Access
An Empirical Study on Impact of Flow of FDI & FII on Indian Stock Market
Foreign investment has become a striking measure of economic development in both developed and developing countries. Foreign investment was introduced in 1991 under Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA). Now the developing countries, including India, are witnessing changes in the composition of capital flows in their economies because of the expansion and integration of the world equity market. The flow of foreign capital is playing a significant role in the development of Indian stock markets. Since Indian capital market is vast and hence attract investors as their investment destination. FDI and FII thus have become instruments of international economic integration and stimulation. The flow of FDI and FII is increasingly seen as an important cause of stock market volatility. This state of affairs has propelled researchers to study the extent of relation between foreign capital flows and stock market volatility. In this context, an attempt is made to study the impact of FDI and FII flow on Indian Stock market (BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty). The study covers the time horizon of 10 years from 2005-06 to 2014-15.
FDI, FII, BSE Sensex, NSE Nifty.
- Dr. Syed Tabassum Sultana, Prof. S Pardhasaradhi. "Impact of Flow of FDI & FII on Indian Stock Market", Finance Research, Vol.1 No.3, July 2012, ISSN: 2165-8226.
- Dr. Sandeep Kapoor and Mr. RcokySachan. "Impact of FDI & FII on Indian Stock Markets", Finance Research, Volume 5, Issue 4 (April, 2015), ISSN No: 2231-5985.
- AnubhaShrivastav. "A Study of Influence of FII Flows on Indian Stock Market", Gyanpratha-ACCMAN Journal of Management, Volume 5 Issue 1 2013.
- Karan Walia, Dr.RimpiWalia and Monika Jain. "Impact of foreign institutional investment on stock market",International Journal of Computing and corporate Research,Volume 2 Issue 5 sept 2012,ISSN No: 2249-054X.
- Bashir Ahmad Joo and Zahoor Ahmad Mir. "Impact of FIIs Investment on Volatility of Indian Stock Market: An Empirical Investigation", Journal of Business and Economic Polices, Vol. 1, No. 2; December 2014, ISSN No: 2375-0774
- HemkantKulshrestha. "Impact of foreign institutional investors on Indian capital market", Impact International Journal of Research & Business Management, Vol. 2, Issue 3, Mar 2014, 35-52, ISSN (E): 2321-886X
- MahantaDevajit. "Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Indian economy", Research Journal of Management Science, Vol. 1(2), 29-31, September (2012), ISSN 2319–1171.
- T. Vasanthi and S. Aarthi. "Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Indian Economy", International Journal of Science & Research, Volume 2 Issue 8, August 2013, ISSN No: 2319-7064.
- Bhavya Malhotra. "Foreign Direct Investment: Impact on Indian Economy",Global Journal of Business Management & Information Technology,Volume 4, Number 1 (2014), ISSN No: 2278-3679
- Aswini A. and Mayank Kumar. "Impact of FII on Stock Market in India", Global Journal of Finance & Management, Volume 6, Number 8 (2014), 0975-6477.
- Mohanamani.P and Dr.T.Sivagnanasithi. "Impact of Foreign Institutional Investors on the Indian Capital Market", Journal of Contemporary Research in Management. Vol. 7; No April - June, 2012.
Abstract Views: 272
PDF Views: 339