Open Access Subscription Access
Factors Affecting Consumer Purchase Decision towards Online Shopping: a Study Conducted in Gangtok, Sikkim
Discoveryof internet technologies in today's world has shown many ways of communication. Online shopping is one of the popular categories in this segment. Due to the various reasons nowadays people does not have the time to go to the shopping centres but they want the latest products in their hand as soon as it arrives in the market. This paper analyzed that what the important factors are affecting consumer purchase decision at the time of online shopping. The area chosen for the study is Gangtok, which is a capital of Sikkim state. 146 respondents have been selected on this purpose & their opinion has been recorded with the help of a close ended questionnaire. The researcher has used 5 point likert scale to assess the responses properly from the selected respondents. Factor analysis & multiple regression analysis have been used as statistical tools to find out the most important factors. Findings of the study iterate that most of the customers are going for online shopping due to the reasonable prices of the products&delivery at their doorstep.
Online Shopping in Gangtok, Online Buying Behaviour, Purchase Intentions, Internet shopping, Mobile Apps, Ease of Use.
- SajjadNazir, ArsalanTayyab, Aziz Sajid, Haroonur Rashid &IrumJaved;. (2012). How Online Shopping Is Affecting Consumers Buying Behavior in Pakistan? IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, 9(3), 486-495.
- Mohammad Hossein Moshref Javadi, Hossein Rezaei Dolatabadi, MojtabaNourbakhsh, Amir Poursaeedi& Ahmad Reza Asadollahi. (2012). An Analysis of Factors Affecting on Online Shopping Behavior of Consumers. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 4(5), 81-98.
- Hooria Adnan. (2014). An Analysis of the Factors Affecting Online Purchasing Behavior of Pakistani Consumers. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 6(5), 133-148.
- S. Saravanan& K. Brindha Devi. (2015). A Study on Online Buying Behaviour with Special Reference to Coimbatore City. International Journal of Commerce, Business and Management (IJCBM), 4(1), 988-995.
- Ngo Tan Vu Khanh & Gwangyong Gim;. (2014). Factors Affecting the Online Shopping Behavior: An Empirical Investigation in Vietnam. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 4(2), 388-392.
- Rengasamy Natarajan Balamurugan, Mahendran Sathish & Royalu Siva subramanian Sathyanarayanan;. (2013). Consumer Behavior towards Online Shopping: A Study with reference to Coimbatore City. TMC Academic Journal, 8(1), 43-53.
- Zan Mo, Yan-Fei Li & Peng Fan. (2015). Effect of Online Reviews on Consumer Purchase Behavior. Journal of Service Science and Management, 8, 419-424.
- Suja R Nair (2010), Consumer Behaviour & Marketing Research, 1st Ed., Himalaya Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Naresh K Malhotra &Satyabhushan; Dash (2011), Marketing Research: An applied Orientation, 6th Ed., Pearson, Delhi.
- S H HKazmi& Satish K Batra (2009), Consumer Behavior: Text & Cases, 2nd Ed., Excel Books, New Delhi
- Naval Bajpai (2013), Business Research Methods, 4th Ed., Pearson, Delhi.
Abstract Views: 248
PDF Views: 60