Open Access Subscription Access
Employer Branding: Whether HRM Embraces Marketing to Enhance Talent Acquisition in the Era of Job-Hopping?
For years, employees have not been content to take jobs simply because of the attractive salaries and benefits offered to them. A good working atmosphere, an extremely positive image of the employer and an equal work life balance are becoming increasingly important when choosing an employer. One trend that has been observed is that companies with especially strong brands also top the rankings of the best employers. Bangalore IT firms like Infosys, Wipro and HCL as well as giants like HP, Google and SAP top the list of the most sought-after employers. These are exactly the same companies that lead the annual Interbrand Best Global Brands Ranking - the ranking of the 100 most valuable brands. In other words, the brand plays a decisive role in choosing an employer. As a result, it is all the more important for companies to clearly position their brands on the job market - brands that are truly unique, relevant to their target audiences and with promises that people can believe. A clear employer positioning sets the company apart from the competition and strengthens the overall image of the brand.But how can companies with strong brands communicate what they stand for as employers? And how can companies without strong consumer brands position themselves as attractive employers? The paper examines with an exploratory research approach to seek the answers from Bangalore-Based employees, whether there is really something called employer brand that affects their decision to seek a job under that employer's brand.
- • Barrow, S. and Mosley, R. The Employer Brand, Bringing the Best of Brand Management to People at Work, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester
- • Edwards, M. R., (2010), An integrative review of employer branding and OB theory, Personnel Review Vol. 39, No.1
- • From People to Proﬁts (1999) The Institute for Employment Studies.
- • http://www.sjbit.edu.in/app/course-material/MBA/I
- • Smith, S. and Wheeler, J. (2002), 'A new brand of leadership', Managing the Customer Experience, FT Prentice Hall, UK
- • "What Is Employer Branding?" Written by Christopher Van Mossevelde. http://universumglobal.com/2014/03/what-is-employer-branding/
- • "Why Should I Work Here?" By ClaesPeyron. http://www.employerbrandingtoday.com
- • United States at Work 2000 (2000) AON Consulting.
Abstract Views: 268
PDF Views: 75